iTunes to Lite Dac-Ah via Chaintech AV710
Aug 12, 2006 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mrarroyo

Headphoneus Supremus
Being ignorant oh how to set up my AV710 I could use your help. What software should I use to get the music out of my computer via the AV710 to my Lite Dac-Ah.

When I installed the AV710 and turned the computer on a pop up came up and asked me if I wanted to search on the internet to install it. I did and that is how I am using it.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jvs
So it works at the moment but you want to know how it could work better?

Yes, specialy since I keep on reading about bit perfect. I have no idea what it means let alone how to get it. Heck I do not even know what I am using.

Maybe that is the first question, how do I find out what my computer is sending out the optical line in the AV710?

Aug 13, 2006 at 9:27 AM Post #4 of 6
The AV-710 itself has drivers that do not allow bit-perfect output but it can be 'flashed' (comparable with a BIOS update) to make it 'think' it is an Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1. Then you can use the better Audiotrak drivers, you loose the analog functionality of the AV-710 but you get a bit-perfect digital signal to go into your external DAC. This works with any audio player, I use iTunes.

There is information on how to 'flash' the AV-710 in the forum. You need the eeprw.zip file, and of course the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 drivers, I use Prodigy71-v193.zip

more info here:
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132155
You need to run the flashing tools from the real DOS prompt, so easiest is to put eeprwa.exe and eeprom_prodigy71.ini - you need to rename this one to eeprom.ini - on the DOS boot floppy disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back