iTunes > Thinkpad > Stereo > Static
Mar 30, 2006 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

scubaguy

New Head-Fier
I am using a Thinkpad computer as my jukebox with XP Pro. It is connected from the headphone jack of the computer to an Aux port on the stereo. The cable is a headphone connector going to 2 RCA plugs. If I play iTunes music through the Thinkpad speakers only (no connection to the stereo) the music plays fine. If I play through the stereo, on occasion there will be static for only a few seconds almost on every song, you hear nothing but static for those seconds. If I replay the song, the static will not be there or may be heard at a different time into the song. The music was imported only from CD's. Any ideas????

I am of course new to this forum and I did a search but came up with many hits, so I figured I would just post my problem.

Thank's in advance for any advice!

Mar 30, 2006 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi,
Try connecting some headphones directly to the headphone output, and check if you also get static.
Does it happen on the AUX port only ? try the CD or Tuner input if you have one of these.
Could be the cable also, if it is not properly grounded for example, so jiggle the connectors a bit
smily_headphones1.gif

btw, Welcome

Mar 30, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #3 of 3
I used to get the same thing doing a USB out. it could either be the amplifier or that there, for some reason, is more strain on the thinkpad when doing the RCA out than the internal speakers. adding memory killed it for me, but it still happens from time to time.
from the looks of it, this might be an issue with the aux port, try a headphone or multimedia speakers and see if it still happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back