Itunes seems to be retagging stuff on it's own...
Dec 30, 2007 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ozstrike

100+ Head-Fier
So I've been forced into using itunes because I finally got an ipod. I've been adding my music to the library a few albums at a time, and then sorting the artwork and tags out.
Problem is, it seems to have a mind of its own for certain albums. One album (Battlecry Under a Winter's Sun by 3 inches of blood) won't let me add album art at all, even manually. I add it using the "Get Info" menu, but when I press ok, it just doesn't show up.

Similar thing happens to the Eagles greatest hits. About 3 tracks out of 32 show up separately in the group view. When I change the tags so that the album is the same as the others, so that they group together, then it seems to work, but as soon as I play the song, the tags revert again.

I have no idea what's going on here, can somebody enlighten me?

Itunes 7.5, OSX 10.4

Could it be a permissions problem?

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #2 of 5
I agree, iTunes is very annoying when it comes to tags. I came from foobar to iTunes, and iTunes messed up a lot of tags. Sometimes even retagging them in iTunes didn't help, iTunes would revert them back to the wrong tags after manual retagging in iTunes... In the end I tagged everything through Mp3tag, which solved all problems. I suggest you try that too. Same with album art. Mp3tag is the solution.

Dec 30, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 5
first, you are not forced into anything: you can load an iPod using other software besides iTunes!
For example Here's a Free one

second, any software that makes changes to my files unexpectedly would be immediately uninstalled. I'd suggest the same to others.

but that's just me
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back