iTunes Replacement for Mac and Rockbox
Apr 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Racer24

Head-Fier
Hello all! I just Rockboxed my nano (2g 8gig). I was wondering if anyone else is working with a mac and what program they're using to manage their music since iTunes doesn't manage music (playlists etc) with rockbox (right?).

I believe Foobar2k only runs on windows (which I'm not looking to install). Instead I wanted to see what kind of media management programs you folks are running on macs. I'd like it to work with podcasts, rockbox, and lossless files. I've gotten the iTunes plugin to play flac etc. and would like to keep using the program but seem to have hit a wall...
My portable rig is iPod Nano (Rockbox)>iBasso D4 Mamba>UE Triple.fi 10

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 5
You can just transfer them, like the Nano is a USB drive. Or you can boot into the original firmware on the Nano, and transfer songs via iTunes syncing. But that won't let you transfer FLACs.

Apr 19, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 5
That's what I was afraid of...anyone ever try Media Monkey? I was trying to decipher if it would allow me to make playlists and transfer them.

Apr 19, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 5
You could convert your FLAC files to ALAC and use iTunes to manage it.

I found MediaMonkey to be lackluster and buggy, BUT, it should be able to 'sync' to the Rockbox-USB-driven Nano, with playlist support. Just don't let it interact with the Apple firmware USB side of it, as that again won't allow FLAC files.

Worst comes to worst, you can make a playlist yourself, and transfer it over via USB. Should be a tutorial for it somewhere in the Rockbox wiki. You just have to make a playlist for your computer, and edit it with a text editor. Worked for my old Creative.

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybrys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could convert your FLAC files to ALAC and use iTunes to manage it.

I found MediaMonkey to be lackluster and buggy, BUT, it should be able to 'sync' to the Rockbox-USB-driven Nano, with playlist support.

Thanks, I think I am going to go the ALAC route as per your advice. Curse you apple for being so user friendly and having me by the short and curlys (shaking my fist).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back