Itunes/Pure Music/Audio GD DI/Havana help needed?
Jan 22, 2011 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gags72

New Head-Fier
I am having issue with my system and cannot work out what is going wrong.

My system is....

Mac Mini
Itunes
Pure Music
Wireworld USB
Audio GD DI
Wireworld Coax
MHDT Havana
Amp + Speakers

I have had the DI for about 3 months and it usually works fine.

ATM if I plug the mini to the Havana with a USB I get a yellow and a green light on the Havana and the system works fine.

If I insert the DI I get a blue light on the DI a green light on the Havana but no sound.

SO it seems that the signal is getting through but I get no music.

I have had issues before jumping between using Pure Music and not using it when watching a movie or something on youtube. Jumping backwards and forwards has been problematic especially when using hog mode.

I have been in touch with King Wa at Audio GD who has been very attentive with quick replies to my emails but he suggested I post on a forum as he can not work out what is happening.

I thought perhaps the settings on the Mac were incorrect and TBH I have never been 100% about the settings on Pure Music as I find the instructions confusing to say the least.

It would be great to get some advice on trouble shooting as I am stumped.

Cheers

Gareth

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:

I have had issues before jumping between using Pure Music and not using it when watching a movie or something on youtube. Jumping backwards and forwards has been problematic especially when using hog mode.

Can you make this part clear?   What do you mean jumping forwards and backwards?

You are getting sound in hog mode with your usb device?

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi bixby
Thanks for your reply.

When trying to get the best possible sound from the system I have used hog mode.
When using it this way if I come out of iTunes and try to watch a movie in VLC for example I have to turn hog mode off.
When using the di I found some anomalies when going from using iTunes and flicking to VLC.

I am unsure how to explain exactly what happens so to simplify......when the di is inserted the blue light comes on to signify a signal.
The Havana in turn shows a green light to show that it i s getting a signal.
So all appears to be working as is should but no sound.

Beats me!

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't know about the lights on you Havana, but I do know that when I change physical digital outputs, like swapping a different usb bridge in for another, that in PM I have to reset the hog mode and select the new device, and relaunch PM, otherwise no sound.

Maybe when you come out of PM using hog mode the computer still does not have control of the sound processes.  Maybe you should try quitting PM and then use VLC, or with itunes, relaunch itunes because it takes its digital out cue from midi at the time of launch.  You may also have to tell midi which output to use when you use itunes or vlc after pm.

Sorry I could not be more help.  The support at PM is very good and you should contact Rob there if you still have issues or want to know more about how PM may interact with you r computer and other programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back