iTunes noises when searching thru tracks
Jul 7, 2009 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Huckster

100+ Head-Fier
I have itunes 8.2 for mac (newest version) and I hear sounds (similar to cd-scratch sounds) when searching through tracks. This is while the track is in play and it only happens at select times in a song. Am I going crazy, or have these noises always been around ??

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 6
No idea about possible craziness, but I can tell you that there are no such sounds over here.
iTunes 8.2 (23) on Mac OS X 10.5.7

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 6
foobar it up dude
smily_headphones1.gif

Not that it will help your problem, but I recently switched over and am highly impressed, even on my crappy $40 logitech speakers. I have a feeling your sounds might be coming from crappy rips. Try using exact audio copy. If you have stolen your music, you might be doomed. For some reason my friend who torrents his music has a ton of those scratchy sounds in almost every torrent he downloads - even when he tries to download new torrents the songs still sound that way.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 6
JMT391. /me think you missed the fact that he run a Mac, and hence most probably Mac OS X.
wink.gif

Neither Foobar(2000) or exact audio copy support that OS.

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JMT391. /me think you missed the fact that he run a Mac, and hence most probably Mac OS X.
wink.gif

Neither Foobar(2000) or exact audio copy support that OS.

how silly of me - Not only did I miss that he was running a mac, I also did not know that foobar and/or EAC lacked OSX support.
rolleyes.gif

I still believe the problem is bad rips. Not a mac guy by any stretch of the word but I'm sure there's something out there. You could try googling some good Mac CD ripping/playing software. Again, if you're a pirate, you're probably screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back