iTunes: Linkeed ipod classic for 1st time; synching
Nov 21, 2008 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

BloodSugar00

Headphoneus Supremus
I have just downloaded itunes and hooked my new ipod classic (ordered off advancedmp3players.co.uk on 7 days opened-box returns policy) and it asked me did I wish to synch ipod and create a mirror of my library on it. It seemed standard procedure- that option was default ticked- and I continued. However, itunes seems to be copying my whole library onto the ipod! (memory capacity is dropping on ipod). Is this the mirror simulation I anticipated or is in fact itunes automatically copying every capatible file on my laptiop hardrive over to the ipod?
confused_face(1).gif
I'd rather intervene if it is.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 10
Um,............. it will automatically sync your COMPLETE music library!!! Go to the top of the iTunes task bar To Edit>Preferences>Devices and set the iPod to be manually synced.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 10
Cheers for the clarification! I'll get on that now! (is this one of reasons ppl slate itunes?).

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #4 of 10
Once you get past the auto-sync issue, I happen to actually LIKE iTunes - go figure
tongue.gif
!!!

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 10
Does Itunes not display the bitrate of audio files? I assume, as I understand ipods to not play .flac files, that all the albums itunes has took off my hardrive to form its library will be those ripped at 320 kps lame mp3 or lower?

Although I've turned off automatic synch between itunes and ipods/iphones, how do you manually transfer selected files to an ipod (it's not immediately obvious to me, though I may of overlooked something)?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

EDIT: Laziness crept in lol. No worries about above as I'm using the itunes/ipod help tool.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 10
Go to the top & right-click, select the BIT RATE item to display. Now, to put music and such on the iPod just select it in iTunes & drag it to the player. That's it, simple as that.

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 10
Nice one on the bitrate display tip! Got the mauel synching going now also but thanks for the pointers. I think I'm just impatient with the necessary learning about new software/media program- wana hear this thing!
cool.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #8 of 10
relax, take your time. At least give it a chance, it really is a better DAP than most give it credit.

Nov 21, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
relax, take your time. At least give it a chance, it really is a better DAP than most give it credit.

Oh don't worry I will give it it's chance.
smily_headphones1.gif
Nearly got all music I want on both the classic and nano now so alls good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back