itunes library question
Jan 11, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 7
I think if you go into your "My Music" folder and copy that whole iTunes folder out of it you should be fine, not 100% sure though. The "iTunes Music Library" XML file is what contains all the info about your library as far as directories, ratings, play count etc. Might want to look for a second opinion though, I could be wrong.

Jan 11, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 7
I keep my whole library on external hard drive also, and method mentioned above has worked for me always, so just copy your iTunes folder from My Music and place it to same place after re-install. And as far as I know it keeps everything, playlists, settings, ratings, cover arts... Just keep sure that you use it in same version of iTunes, older versions of iTunes won't recognize newer libraries.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by assumenot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think if you go into your "My Music" folder and copy that whole iTunes folder out of it you should be fine, not 100% sure though. The "iTunes Music Library" XML file is what contains all the info about your library as far as directories, ratings, play count etc. Might want to look for a second opinion though, I could be wrong.

been doing this as lot of times already, this works.

Jan 11, 2008 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Copy the whole folder as the others say, although the file "iTunes Library.itl" is actually the vital file rather than the xml one.

But if you want to keep album arts downloaded via iTunes, it's better to take whole folder.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back