iTunes - Is it the best
Feb 26, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewMexiCat
It doesn't get a lot of props around here, but I swear by J.River Media Center to organize and manage my music on PC and iPod. It does everything iTunes can do and much more.

Smart playlists? AAC encoding? support for Apple Scripts? Those are the three best features of iTunes.

See ya
Steve

Feb 26, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #18 of 20
i only got itunes to take advantage of that thing pepsi is doing... then i use something else so i can listen to the songs in foobar >.>

Feb 28, 2005 at 3:52 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
Smart playlists? AAC encoding? support for Apple Scripts? Those are the three best features of iTunes.

See ya
Steve

True enough. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing iTunes. It is very feature packed for advanced music management, yet simple enough for beginners to use right out of the box. Apple has done a very good job with it.

Probably the reason J.River Media Center doen't get as much attention around here is because it is as much a home theater application as it is a music manager and player. But, if you're not using Apple-specific codecs (which I'm not), Media Center is a great all-in-one solution. And I believe its dynamic playlist capabilities exceed those of iTunes.

Feb 28, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael1980
I don't like the look iTunes and its crappy mp3 encoder. Apart from that it is the best for me, but people must be aware that the MacOS version is better than the Windows one.

itunes is not a crappy mp3 encoder :/

it doesn't error correct quite as nicely as lame/eac and it's slower, but quality wise there is no(or very, very little) difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back