iTunes/Foobar Users Audio Quality Guide
Jul 31, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #31 of 91
i switched to this and the sound is better since i'm decoding with the m-audio firewire audiophile...however, my chinese/japanese song tags are in jibberish? anyone else have that problem?

Jul 31, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #32 of 91
Holy fricking crap. I had no idea.

Running foobar in kernel mode through digital output has officially blown my mind. The difference of straight iTunes as versus running through foobar with Kernel Streaming has shown me music like I've never known.

And you're telling me I get this incredible sound quality WHILE maintaining iTunes' library management capabilities? You, sir, have just increased the experience of listening to music on my PC beyond what I ever thought existed.

I am in your debt.
eek.gif

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #34 of 91
When I try the kernel streaming, I get a error "Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: error opening device". I'm using my laptop's integrated audio (SoundMax). Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #35 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I try the kernel streaming, I get a error "Unrecoverable playback error: KS output error: error opening device". I'm using my laptop's integrated audio (SoundMax). Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks

Usually a sample rate issue. Be sure you're resampling to a rate that the sound card expects. If you aren't resampling, try resampling, especially with 48 kHz.

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #37 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazaruslong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If i have the emu 404, which supports AISO, is KS or that 'better'?

No, same thing, especially when the card / interface has dedicated ASIO drivers like the 0404. If it's the PCI version, you may be able to listen to both ASIO and normal Windows sounds at the same time. With the 0404 USB, you can only listen to one thing at a time anyway.

Aug 4, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #38 of 91
sympnony--thanks.

So i have foobar running with KS : E-MU 0404 | UBS, 32bit and the Rabbit loaded in 'Active DSPs.' itunes is setup with the Multi-Plugin with Foobar2000 passthrough selected.

When i boot itunes it launches Foobar in the background, and everything plays fine--but i can still slide the itunes volume control bar. I thought this should be disabled if KS through foo was working. What could be wrong...?

Aug 4, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #39 of 91
Totally OT, but I had to ask.

Lazaruslong,

So where are Lorelei Lee and Lapis Lazuli?

The redheaded terror twins..

Are you one of the Fen?

Aug 8, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #41 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am a noob in this, so where do I place the plugins for foobar ?? And they need to be extracted rigth ?

extract them to the component's subdirectory

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #44 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVinylRipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally OT, but I had to ask.

Lazaruslong,

So where are Lorelei Lee and Lapis Lazuli?

The redheaded terror twins..

Are you one of the Fen?

Always love meeting another 'enlightened' one!

not to many catch the name, let alone know where it's from. Perhaps only the greatest author (in my opinion).

The Twins are as devilishly libidinous as ever. Almost time for my next rejuvenation treatment...
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #45 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazaruslong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Always love meeting another 'enlightened' one!

not to many catch the name, let alone know where it's from. Perhaps only the greatest author (in my opinion).

The Twins are as devilishly libidinous as ever. Almost time for my next rejuvenation treatment...
wink.gif

Are we talking "DUNE" here ?? It is a long time ago I read does books...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back