iTunes + Dac
Aug 15, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #3 of 10
DAC is a huge up grade for a computer. If you have a mac run optical and if you have a PC.......I am sorry
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 10
As a side note you need to keep iTunes valume at 100% for bit perfect play back.

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 10
Using an external DAC, how do you get iTunes to use it instead of the default sound card?

Aug 15, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by James63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a side note you need to keep iTunes volume at 100% for bit perfect play back.

O.K., I've heard of this before in other digital audio software/hardware. When you lower the volume, the resolution is dithered down (or, that's how I understand this). I've heard this referred to as "bit trimming." What could possibly be the reason for designing this into a product?

Can anybody explain this to me? Just curious.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by James63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a side note you need to keep iTunes valume at 100% for bit perfect play back.

No you don't. Do you know why? iTunes doesn't play bit-perfect[Kernel-Streaming/ASIO].

- Ah maybe you can, with a plugin now. You should be turning the volume off. Any volume is affecting the signal being bit-perfect.

Aug 15, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 10
You could use an Airport Express to feed a dac as this is bit perfect. Also there is a plugin to link Itunes to Foobar if your soundcard can do bit perfect, mine does as long as it's set right and has volume at 100% in it's own control panel.

I tested this with a dolby/dts decoder and a DTS wav file playing. With volume at 99% I get hiss/static, but at 100% I hear the dts wav playing.

Aug 15, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I need to use the itunes to foobar plugin

Or use foobar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back