iTunes: clicking/skipping after import (Mac)
Oct 31, 2004 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

p-unit

New Head-Fier
For some reason after importing my audio CDs through iTunes (192Kbps AAC, Mac OS X) there is clicking/skipping in the AAC files. This only occurs to the first few and last couple of songs in the album. The problem appears w/every CD I import, so I know it's not the CDs.

Could someone please help me because it is very annoying. I get the feeling it may be iTunes importing too quickly. I've tried "Error Correction" on and off. No difference.

Here's my setup: Power Mac G5 (dual 2GHz), Superdrive, iTunes 4.7

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Oct 31, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Well I could rip it on a Windows computer, but that's a lot of extra steps. I wanna be able to do all this on my Mac w/out using a PC just to import songs to my G5.

Nov 1, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #4 of 5
Without details of your setup, it's pretty difficult to diagnose.

Some things to try:

1) Make sure you've got the latest Quicktime update installed.
2) Fix permissions (yeah, everyone always says this, but it does solve some weird problems).
3) Zap P-RAM.
4) Borrow a FW CD-burner/CD-ROM and use it to rip the CDs.
5) Make sure you don't have processor-intensive processes running while you rip the CDs (shouldn't really matter with a dual G5, but you never know).

I rip my CDs on a lowly 500mhz iBook with no problems, so what you're experiencing is not normal.

Also check out the Apple and MacFixIt forums.

If all else fails, I'd be more than happy to trade you my iBook while you rip your CDs
icon10.gif

Nov 1, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 5
hey nospam,

unfortunately i've already tried most of those solutions you provided. i guess i'll just have to take it to an apple store for them to try and fix since i'm still covered by the one year warranty.

thanks anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back