Itunes can't find Garth Brooks album art
Feb 29, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He lived down the street from me before he moved away from tennessee.

I was just teasing, but Garth Brooks is kind of like a scooter...It's OK to like them, but you don't want your friends to find out.

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just teasing, but Garth Brooks is kind of like a scooter...It's OK to like them, but you don't want your friends to find out.

I live in nashville TN, most of my friends like him more than I do.

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by brown274 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a shocker to me. I just eac ripped my garth brooks box sets (I have 2 different sets) and added the wav files into itunes. No artwork for Mr. Brooks. This is the 1st album I have out of 60GB of files that won't get the artwork. I guess because he won't let itunes sell his records

Since when can you tag a WAV file with album artwork? Next to all my WAV songs in iTunes, the line "artwork is not available for this item" takes the place of an album cover in the "now selected" section - and I can't manually copy and paste artwork either. Am I doing something wrong?

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since when can you tag a WAV file with album artwork? Next to all my WAV songs in iTunes, the line "artwork is not available for this item" takes the place of an album cover in the "now selected" section - and I can't manually copy and paste artwork either. Am I doing something wrong?

You can only do (get album artwork) for the wav files. You cannot manually add it. If it does not appear than you are out of luck. I just convert the wavs to apple lossless and add the artwork that way.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #20 of 22
Album art should only be viewed on an ALBUM, not some tiny iPod screen or CD.

Mar 1, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WAV files can't be tagged, thats true.
But I believe iTunes download artwork for WAV files, placing them in the "Album Artwork/Download" folder, and link to it inside iTunes. Meaning that they artwork are not embedded into the WAV file, but still appear as artwork in iTunes.

Mar 1, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WAV files can't be tagged, thats true.
But I believe iTunes download artwork for WAV files, placing them in the "Album Artwork/Download" folder, and link to it inside iTunes. Meaning that they artwork are not embedded into the WAV file, but still appear as artwork in iTunes.

When you say wav files cannot be tagged, what do you mean? After I rip my files with EAC, I open them up with Tag&Rename. It adds the <Artist> - <Album> - <Track #> - <Title> to the wav and throws the jpeg into my music folder. So when I load it into Itunes, it has the Artist - Album - Track - Title already on it.
Are you saying that it does not embed this info into the wav files itself?
After I tag my wav with Tag&Rename, my car head unit shows the artist and song titles, but I also add that info into nero before I burn the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back