itunes and ipod crapped out
Mar 3, 2005 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sony_man

100+ Head-Fier
guys heeeeelp me! does the warranty cover things like...... i dunno, maybe if i some how dropped the ipod a couple times on it's head? i mean it doesnt even connect to itunes anymore! and when i try to reformatt it it wont work! when i play some songs, itll skip 5 and play one then skip another 5-7 songs!!

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 8
could have sworn that you hated ipods with a passion and are always sure to let it be known. why do you have an ipod?

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 8
that is why i have come to hate ipods my friend..... i foolishly went out to buy one and blew 500 bucks on it. i just want it fized and maybe ill throw at ebay, or maybe at my sister who ill then apologize to and give it to her...... THEN i can get my hands on an H10, for i long to be pleased with technology an asian man can just enjoy!

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sony_man
that is why i have come to hate ipods my friend..... i foolishly went out to buy one and blew 500 bucks on it. i just want it fized and maybe ill throw at ebay, or maybe at my sister who ill then apologize to and give it to her...... THEN i can get my hands on an H10, for i long to be pleased with technology an asian man can just enjoy!

or maybe you only put this post out as another way of bashing the ipod, perhaps? might I ask-- if you like the H10 so much, why didn't you get that instead of the iPod, which, as Cyclone stated, you hate with a passion?

Mar 3, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
or maybe you only put this post out as another way of bashing the ipod, perhaps? might I ask-- if you like the H10 so much, why didn't you get that instead of the iPod, which, as Cyclone stated, you hate with a passion?

whoa...appar, you just slipped into the paranoid apple conspiracy mode. there are some loser things to do but i dont think anyone would do that there's no anti-fan boy pay off. as for the h10 vs. ipod question its simple the h10 was just released and it was likely he didnt even know about it when he bought his ipod but im not going to speak for him
icon10.gif
that said he does still hate ipods with a passion that is over the top, you at least got to respect how well apple sells these things. oh and dont go off and buy the H10 if your pissed at your ipod for having bugs, the H10 has some serious bugs unless your in asia because they have already fixed em.

Mar 3, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
whoa...appar, you just slipped into the paranoid apple conspiracy mode. there are some loser things to do but i dont think anyone would do that there's no anti-fan boy pay off.

I'm not slipping into "paranoid apple conspiracy mode". The guy posted that he's upset about his ipod not working after he drops it on its head a couple times, and then says that's the reason why he has come to hate ipods so much. So if someone drops a hard drive player and it stops working, somehow it's the manufacturer's fault? Maybe it's his fault for dropping it.

I just think that misuse/abuse of the product (especially a $500 hard drive based mp3 player) by dropping it is no reason to blame the manufacturer when said product stops working or starts acting up.

EDIT: Cyclone, sorry if my post came off harsh, it's been a long day...

Mar 3, 2005 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
EDIT: Cyclone, sorry if my post came off harsh, it's been a long day...

ya i know what you mean mine wasnt exactly nice either
tongue.gif
oh well so sony_man you droped your pod. thats some real tough sh!t man but thats no reason to hate apple like appar said, all HD players are prone to breaking if you drop them even your desired H10. but i do sympathise with you cause i would need to blame someone else if i dropped my 500 dollar pod and didnt spring for the 15 dollar case that might have saved it. oh and to answer the original question, no the warranty does not cover drops unless you get an expensive drop warranty but its a bit late for that.
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:03 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sony_man
guys heeeeelp me! does the warranty cover things like...... i dunno, maybe if i some how dropped the ipod a couple times on it's head? i mean it doesnt even connect to itunes anymore! and when i try to reformatt it it wont work! when i play some songs, itll skip 5 and play one then skip another 5-7 songs!!

Assuming it doesn't look obviously smashed, take it to an Apple Store and just tell them it doesn't work anymore. If you're still under the warranty period, they'll probably replace it if they can't get it working for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back