iTunes and Encoding...HELP!!
Oct 13, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xoen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh ok! That's what I've been doing all along then.
smily_headphones1.gif
I just didn't know if it was right, so I guess it is.

You are doing just fine.
The AAC files and the audio CD should sound the same, since all the audio data from the AAC files are transfered to the CD as well. But don't even think about ripping the CD to lossy codec again...

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #18 of 19
I am happy with anything over 192kbps, and thrilled with 256k - 320k VBR. I now only download from eMusic.com, Amazon.com and iTunes Plus now, if I must buy it now. Otherwise I prefer to buy the CD on Amazon, rip it into my computer, and have both lossless CD and MP3's for almost the same price ($1 - $5 more).

While CD's sound better than my DAP, if I put a an Apple lossless AAC on my DAP they don't sound much better than 320kbps VBR on the DAP. I get a headache listening to 320kbps vs lossless about 100 times before I hear the difference. So, I switched from apple lossless back to 320kbps VBR for my DAP. If I need lossless, I'll whip out my CD player...

Oct 13, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 19
When purchasing things from the itunes music store, can I upgrade that? Is there a way for it automatically to be downloaded to 256 kbs. It's all protected, and since I can't ask how to unprotect it on the forum, is there a way to upgrade the encoding without breaking the drm?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back