iTunes 9 play FLAC PC
Jan 14, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #16 of 23
Thanks mate, will try it soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #18 of 23
^^
Digitally - Yes.
Without processing - No.

The FLAC files are converted on-the-fly to Apple Lossless, which is the only audio codec supported by AirTunes, then streamed to the AirPort Express. Further processing may even take place in the playback software. Everything is kept 100% digital though.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #20 of 23
iTunes isn't very good on Windows anyway. It is poorly coded due to Apple's lack of effort put into the Windows version. iTune's programming doesn't fit with Window's sound programming as other programs due such as Winamp or Foobar2000. I wish I could remember the exact details on the matter but the moral of this story is that iTunes is much better on OSX.

Mar 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
multi plugin won't work past itunes v7.x

Multi-Plugin 2.4 for iTunes 7 - Aqua-Soft Forums

Transcoding FLAC to ALAC wouldn't take too long on a modern PC. And once you've got it all as ALAC in iTunes you can run iVolume and replaygain the library.

Well, thats all nice if you've only got a single album, but for example in my case I've got 4tb of flac music (47.647 tracks) from my old pc that i would now like to use with itunes on my mac...That would in shear processing, cutting out the manual selecting of folders etc., take just about a week with a normal converting app. So its not really an option. Much of this i ofcourse have on the original cd's but it would take even longer to re-add those...So we really do need one of those funky solutions with third party software due to Apples lack of competence. Apple likes to make things like iTunes that look great but when you want to use it, you just get steve job's middle finger in 3D on your screen. 
Anyway, off topic there. People in my position should probably consider other media players, or hack Apples software...Prefer the second. :p

Aug 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #22 of 23
In order to import FLAC to iTunes, we will need to convert FLAC to Apple friendly audio formats.
If you care the quality of the output audio, converting FLAC to Apple Lossless audio is recommended. You can visit this guide for converting FLAC to Apple Lossless  then import FLAC to iTunes for enjoy or for sync.
If you do not care about the quality of the music, you can convert FLAC to MP3, a versatile audio format across system and devices then import the converted FLAC files to iTunes. You can find the step by step guide at http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-import-flac-to-itunes.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back