iTunes 9 has WASAPI (Updated: Zune 4 also has bitperfect out)
Dec 10, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #76 of 81
for science i tested it out using your method and i'm not sure what it proves. It only works if windows is at 44.1/24. It works if if quciktime is using direct sound using the same 44.1/24 settings or wasapi.

Dec 16, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #77 of 81
I've been looking up bitperfect for iTunes on Win 7 x64 recently and I finally came across this useful discussion. I'm using iTunes 10.1 and whatever the most recent QuickTime is, and for me the Windows Audio Session is NOT grayed out. I can select it perfectly fine. As a previous poster said, the Rate, Size, and Channels options are then grayed out. Again this is Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #78 of 81

Quote:
I've been looking up bitperfect for iTunes on Win 7 x64 recently and I finally came across this useful discussion. I'm using iTunes 10.1 and whatever the most recent QuickTime is, and for me the Windows Audio Session is NOT grayed out. I can select it perfectly fine. As a previous poster said, the Rate, Size, and Channels options are then grayed out. Again this is Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Does this means that it cannot fully utilizes the 96KHz/24bit USB DAC?  I'm 64bit Vista user that uses both foobar and iTunes... I really like the iTunes more and it would be great if it does not degrade the ALAC SQ

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #79 of 81
I can also confirm that iTunes 10.5 is using WASAPI Shared Mode on Windows 7 x64.   I think you have to install Quicktime separately in order to change to WASAPI since they don't bundle it anymore.

I noticed that when iTunes is playing music, the windows volume slider has no effect, but it still generates a windows chime.   

I don't know how we can force iTunes to use exclusive mode under Win 7 x64, maybe we can't :frowning2:.

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #80 of 81
Zune does not appear to have exclusive mode. I downloaded & installed it & could not find any such option. No WASAPI or ASIO options.

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #81 of 81
Though iTunes announced to support WAV audio file, we still cannot import WAV to iTunes sometime let alone to play WAV in iTunes, iPhone, iPod or iPad.

This article just aims to solve "iTunes won't import WAV" issue and helps to successfully import all kinds of WAV to iTunes so as to play WAV on iPhone, iPod, iPad, and iTunes with ease at How to Import and Play WAV in iTunes, iPhone, iPod, iPad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back