iTunes 7: gapless playback and cover art for ripped cds
Sep 14, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #17 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriksson
Is there any news on a working MultiPlugin for version 7?

I want that foobar2k backend!!

My question exactly! This is why I haven't "upgraded" to this new version yet.

- Just did some research and answered my own question. He's working on it. Preview version is available but buggy so I'll wait.

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by mshan
I used the Amazon Album Art widget (http://www.widget-foundry.com/widgets/amazonart.htm) to fill in album art for files that iTunes 7 didn't auto-update.

Easy to use and worked well to fill in the gaps left by iTunes 7.

I assume this is an Apple only program, does anyone know of a similar one for MS-XP?

Sep 15, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #20 of 39
You arnt imagining anything, iTunes7, when I very first installed it, I noticed it was outputting music at a higher volume. I think that theyve added some sort of software gain like you can activate in winamp.

Then theres the massive memory use, the broken volume slider, the lagged to hell interface, the waxy new look and the ipod synching issues. Id have uninstalled it and gone back to 6.5, execpt that its already 7-ed my music library. I hope apple sorts their **** out soon and releases a patch.

Sep 15, 2006 at 4:47 PM Post #21 of 39
It's not just the volume, though. It seems like there's more separation and texture to the music now. I feel like the music as a whole is more alive through my hd595s.

On second thought, I don't want to know whether it's real or imagined, because I'm really enjoying myself as it is.

Sep 15, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 39
OK, so iTunes checked all my songs for gapless info. Then I plugged my Pod in, hoping it would transfer the new de-gap-i-fied versions, but no luck. I'm kinda slow this morning, so does anyone know what I'm missing?

Sep 15, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
OK, so iTunes checked all my songs for gapless info. Then I plugged my Pod in, hoping it would transfer the new de-gap-i-fied versions, but no luck. I'm kinda slow this morning, so does anyone know what I'm missing?

What version is your iPod? It sounded like gapless playback only works on 5th Gen and the new iPod Nano (not sure on 1st-gen Nano).

I've actually been joining tracks on all my gapless albums (which turns all gapless track into one long track), so this puts me in a bind -- having them show as separate tracks would be nice, but then there would be a gap on the iPod.

Sep 16, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #24 of 39
Caution If you are using a EMU0404 do not upgrade to Itunes 7.0 I made the mistake. Since installing 7.0 songs do not play with my EMU0404 sound card, it's quit funny really, the sound is like a cd player that is full of scratches that just jitters back and forth.

Thankfully I don't use Itunes to much, since discovering foobar last year, I mainly use it to import songs to my Ipod. It worked fine before the upgrade.

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by opti
What version is your iPod? It sounded like gapless playback only works on 5th Gen and the new iPod Nano (not sure on 1st-gen Nano).

As per his sig, it's a 5th Gen. My 5th gen ipod doesn't seem to update the gapless info either (even though it plays as such in iTunes). I removed all my music and readded the 'gapless' versions.
confused.gif

Sep 18, 2006 at 11:13 AM Post #26 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppelin2
As per his sig, it's a 5th Gen. My 5th gen ipod doesn't seem to update the gapless info either (even though it plays as such in iTunes). I removed all my music and readded the 'gapless' versions.
confused.gif

Did you update your iPod to the 1.2 firmware? That's the key thing I believe.

Sep 18, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #27 of 39
Itunes 7 sucks pretty bad. The interface is laggy as, not fun :/

Sep 18, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Caution If you are using a EMU0404 do not upgrade to Itunes 7.0 I made the mistake. Since installing 7.0 songs do not play with my EMU0404 sound card, it's quit funny really, the sound is like a cd player that is full of scratches that just jitters back and forth.

Thankfully I don't use Itunes to much, since discovering foobar last year, I mainly use it to import songs to my Ipod. It worked fine before the upgrade.

If you are having problems with the EMU 0404 and itunes, the problem is probably with an incompadability of the EMU 0404 mixer and QuickTime. I fixed this problem by setting the QuickTime player preferences to output at 48 khz instead of 44.1 khz.

Sep 21, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ObiHuang
Did you update your iPod to the 1.2 firmware? That's the key thing I believe.

Ah, I'm sure that's it. For the first many days the new iTunes was out, it would say my iPod was up to date - now it's showing the new 1.2 firmware is available to download.

Thanks.

Sep 21, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by d2k5000
If you are having problems with the EMU 0404 and itunes, the problem is probably with an incompadability of the EMU 0404 mixer and QuickTime. I fixed this problem by setting the QuickTime player preferences to output at 48 khz instead of 44.1 khz.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? I'm PMing Mercuttio right now and I'm going home to try this! Gapless, here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back