iTunes 7.3.0.54 problem
Jun 30, 2007 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Has anyone else downloaded the latest iTunes update today? I did, and now it's annoying me. I am importing a bunch of my discs on Apple Lossless, and after iTunes asks if I want to replace the songs I say yes, and it replaces track 1 of the existing disc, then proceeds to place tracks 2 and following onto a completely new album that's identical. After copying the entire disc I go back in, select the two albums and tell iTunes it's part of a compilation. That fixes it, but what a pain!

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 8
While looking around it appears that iTunes now has an iPhone tab in the Preferences.

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:08 AM Post #4 of 8
I updated my iTunes installation yesterday.
Everything working smooth as usual...
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #5 of 8
Double-checked my preferences, restarted iTunes, and all was well once again. Hopefully it was just a fluke and doesn't return.

Jun 30, 2007 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Double-checked my preferences, restarted iTunes, and all was well once again. Hopefully it was just a fluke and doesn't return.

Glad it worked itself. Even though I have downloaded the new version I have not loaded anything yet. I am crossing my fingers.

Jun 30, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 8
This 'upgrade' I think is probably only to enable the iPhone. Nothing else mentioned, so if you don't have an iPhone, no need to upgrade. (Btw after talking to a lot of techies last week about the iPhone, I found exactly one person out of dozens who planned to buy one. At that point I decided RIM the makers of my Blackberry would not face that much competition. Needless to say, I was glad to see their stock shoot up 20% yesterday!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back