iTunes 10.5 and WASAPI on Win 7 x64 - does it work?
Jan 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mephiska

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to make iTunes use WASAPI on my USB DAC (FiiO E7), but I don't seem to be having any luck.

I've got the WASAPI plugin working under Foobar2000.  It takes exclusive mode properly.  I get no sounds from any other programs while Foobar is playing music.

iTunes, however, does not do this.  I've got everything in iTunes configured according to how Apple says it needs to be - volume set to 100, all sound enhancers off, equalizer is off, but still no luck.  

Apple seems to have de-coupled Quicktime from iTunes recently, so I installed Quicktime separately and opened it's control panel and set it to Windows Audio Session - still no effect.  Also, playing the file in Quicktime doesn't take exclusive mode either.

Any idea what I'm missing here?  Does Apple only do WASAPI for specific sound cards?

Edit:  I also can't get it to work using my X-Fi card either.

Jan 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately that did not fix it.  I restarted, still not doing exclusive mode.   Updated to 10.5.3, rebooted and tried again, still no :frowning2:

I've tried setting the playback device in the windows control panel to 16 bit, 44100 Hz to match the songs in itunes and that didn't work either.

If it's in WASAPI mode I shouldn't be able to hear any other windows sounds, correct?  Or is iTunes special and is somehow able to bypass the windows mixer without exclusive mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back