IT'S THE FINAL COUNT DOWN!- VMODA M100 VS FOCAL SPIRIT CLASSIC VS NAD VISO HP50 -BUH DUH DUH DA
Dec 9, 2014 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

urban maverick

New Head-Fier
After a long long while the time is finally nigh. These 3 epic choices range form $260-400 and you get to decide. These will be driven out of a FiiO E07k or E17k. These will be used for bass heavy music (75%); For gaming (20%); And for on the go listening (5%). I cannot tell you the horrors they will face, but they will go through the trials of college, so only the strongest will do. But also there they will have to maintain a ninja like stealth and stoicness- not a peep in or out. Finally and possibly the greatest challenge of them all they will need to attach the eye of every maiden in the land. A pair of cans with the gracefulness of butterfly, the sleekness of Ferrari and the beauty of Clara Patria herself will be the only suitor for me. It is up to you now. I have befallen a great dilemma that only you can atone for. Now great traveler what is your choice?

Haha okay I had some fun with that. Anyways the lamer version would be I need a pair of closed over ear cans and these are my choice. I can’t decide and need some input. Here is a comprehensive organization of everything you will probably need from an earlier post of mine.

Headphones
·         Budget - $275-400
·         Source - whatever portable amp/dac you guys help find
·         Requirements for Isolation - I'm living in a dorm next year so a lot
·         Preferred Type of Headphone - Closed over-ear/on (preferably over)
·         Current headphones - Mdr-ma100 (not in stock anymore but was $200)
·         Preferred Music - Alternative and more base heavy
·         Usage - For mainly music and games and they will be on the go like only %5 of the time.
·         Extra context - I definitely need this to be a more bass centered headphones as my current ones appeal more to my treble based music. The VMODA M100 are basically the perfect headphones for me as far as I can tell, but I'm not convinced on their audio quality and there is still $150 lest i my budget.

Amp/DAC
Budget - ~$100
Requirements - portable
Other - I've been eyeing the FiiO E07k and the FiiO E17 but I'm not sure what the difference is besides the price
Extra - I'm sure I'll need a Amp, but I not not to sure what a DAC will do for me

Here is my order of importance
1. Sound Quality
2. Isolation
3. Bass
4. Comfort
5. Portability
6. Aesthetics
Anyways thanks a lot for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back