It's really pathetic...
Nov 15, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #16 of 28
vi(m) is my choice for editors.
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2003 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 28
Xcelite, Weller, Cresent...........A bunch of great brands in the past, but once Cooper Tools bought them all out, the quality has gone downhill quickly. Damn shame actually.

Nov 16, 2003 at 1:18 AM Post #18 of 28
Heh, I have some Lindstrom cutters that I'm quite partial to....

Nov 16, 2003 at 3:21 AM Post #19 of 28
Yes, vi(m) rulez. What other tool lets you take a Microsoft word document with text and a bunch of tables and produce a txt file containing series of SQL statements to create tables described in those files a few hours later (well ok, a day later but I had to learn )?

Xcellite I got is a pretty small flush cutter. It is pretty wide though so you have to make an effort to close them in order to cut - I believe Erem needs to be pushed a lot less.

Nov 16, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT
...when you get excited over buying some cutters (diagonal wire cutters). But I just got a pair of Erem cutters to replace a pair of Excelite cutters that I have been using. What a huge ergonomic difference.

.....next, some Erem mini-pliers.

Geez, do I need a life.

Where did you get them? How much?

...they don't make coaxial cable strippers, do they? I need a high quality coax stripper...

Nov 16, 2003 at 12:14 PM Post #21 of 28
Eric, look at Paladin cable strippers. I buy mine @ Jensen Tools:
http://www.jensentools.com/ They are NOT cheap, but you said quality..... oh, Newark carries them too.
Jensen also carries wonderful hand tools...

Nov 16, 2003 at 4:30 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

[size=xx-small]Originally posted by eric343[/size][size=xx-small]
Where did you get them? How much?[/size]

I bought mine locally, they were $45.00. You can get them through HCM Electronics for a couple of bucks less, but then there's shipping....

Nov 16, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #23 of 28
Talk about shipping costs...Oh, my! Here in Puerto Rico, I can't get ground shipping! If a merchant does NOT offer USPS Priority Mail, the shipping is incredibly expensive (it's 2nd Day Air). A small package from Newark.com can cost me $2O to $30. That's way too much for me!

So count your blessings: You guys up there have an advantage.

Thanks Tangent...
Tangent sold me some audio parts and sent them to me via USPS's Priority Mail. He helped me avoid Newark.com's high shipping costs to PR with a relay via NM. Thank you for your help, Tangent! I really appreciate it!

Nov 17, 2003 at 7:48 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent
One of the best things about vi is the number of clones, and the fact that it's available on any platform with a keyboard. Whether you need a tiny version that fits in a few tens of KB to stick on a DOS emergency boot floppy or you want the full power of Vim, you're covered. No other editor can claim that. [/B]

Amen.

Nov 18, 2003 at 12:32 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Amen.

So appropriate to a religious topic like text editors.
evil_smiley.gif

Say it, brother!

Nov 18, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #28 of 28
That cutter is for hardened wire... it's a different beast than a regular sidecutter. For that price, it ought to be very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back