It's Official: NY Area Meet, November 12, 2011
Oct 5, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #47 of 179

Quote:
This will be my first meet as well and looking forward to it. Everyone is welcome :)

erikzen, does Fang from hifiman know about this meet? 

I haven't had a chance to contact any other vendors.  Could someone take the lead on contacting more?  Been super busy lately.

I've kind of been out of the headphone scene, too.  I'm not sure what products are hot right now. 

Oct 8, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #48 of 179
I'm in. I'll be coming in from Queens. By the way, would you anyone mind posting directions on how to get to the hotel from Manhattan? I'm not too familiar with the trains outside of the NYC subway system yet.

Bringing:
Sennheiser HD580
Zero OPA627 USB DAC

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #49 of 179
It may be helpful to provide a list of vendors we have already contacted vs who we usually contact for events like this. I would be happy to help but I generally have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing,

Do large vendors (Sennheiser, AKG, Grado) usually show up or is it just the smaller local shops?
Is the focus usually on large-scale setups or portable rigs?
Do we only contact mfg's or shops as well (B&H/JR)?

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #50 of 179
Quote:
I haven't had a chance to contact any other vendors.  Could someone take the lead on contacting more?  Been super busy lately.

Erikzen, I think I still have the contact info. for the UE rep from the Spring NY meet.  I'll get in touch with him if you can PM me the particulars (fee for vendors, etc.).

Oct 9, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #51 of 179
Just saw this thread. I have previous plans for this day but I'll try to come for a few hours

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #52 of 179

Quote:
Quote:
Erikzen, I think I still have the contact info. for the UE rep from the Spring NY meet.  I'll get in touch with him if you can PM me the particulars (fee for vendors, etc.).

All the info is basically in the first post of the thread.  There is no fee for vendors although we do appreciate if they can donate something to the auction to help cover the cost of the room. I will PM you with my personal details as well.

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #53 of 179

Quote:
It may be helpful to provide a list of vendors we have already contacted vs who we usually contact for events like this. I would be happy to help but I generally have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing,

Do large vendors (Sennheiser, AKG, Grado) usually show up or is it just the smaller local shops?
Is the focus usually on large-scale setups or portable rigs?
Do we only contact mfg's or shops as well (B&H/JR)?

So far we have Woo, Red Wine and Head-Direct represented.  In general, it is the companies that sponsor Head-Fi that participate although it's harder to get the larger companies to attend, although some have in the past.  We've never had retailers at the meets as they are much more sales focused.  Keep in mind this isn't a trade show so any vendors who attend need to be focused more on building community and engagement rather than selling equipment.

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #54 of 179
As of today we have 31 attendees that have indicated they will come or probably will come, including three vendors - Red Wine Audio, Woo Audio and Head-Direct.  Not a bad turnout but below what we've had previously.  Make sure to let all your local Head-Fi buddies know.  Plenty of room for many more.

I've updated the first post with a list of attendees.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #55 of 179
Oct 14, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #58 of 179
Quote:
All the info is basically in the first post of the thread.  There is no fee for vendors although we do appreciate if they can donate something to the auction to help cover the cost of the room. I will PM you with my personal details as well.

I sent them an email.

Would love to see UE make it, last time they brought their whole custom IEM line-up, discounts for those who ordered at the meet and an audiologist for impressions!

Oct 14, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #59 of 179
I'd love for UE to make it to the meet. I wasn't able to make it to the last meet so missed the discount but would like hear their customs as well to see how it matches up to what I got now.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #60 of 179
This is great, I wasn't able to show up last year at the last minute so I'm definitely looking forward to this meet in my neck of the woods.

Would anyone be interested in hearing a pair of Sony SA-5000s? With all the high-end gear right now I'm not sure if anyone cares about these oldies anymore. I can also bring the $35 show-stopper Pannasonic HTP600-S and a Fiio E7/E9. Now you see why I'm looking to upgrade :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back