It's me the only one think video quality of Creative Zen's bad?
Jun 1, 2008 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gigabyte

New Head-Fier
I put some vid (800kbps) to my new player and ... so much artifacts, the vids play on my comp is ok but when i play it on Zen, it's so bad. My old Iriver Clix doesn't have much artifacts like this. And soud quality is not good too, bass is week, high is not very extended, nothing special.
P/s: In all reviews i have read about Zen, everyone said that the video quality is great, superb, ... etc so what's the problem???

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Could be an encoding issue, what was the source and what did you use to convert?

Jun 1, 2008 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could be an encoding issue, what was the source and what did you use to convert?

I don't think so, source is dvdrip file and i tried to encode with many program like any video converter, iriverter, super ... and the problem is still there.
Do you have a Zen? And do you experience this problem?

Jun 1, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 7
I don't have the Zen, I know the player has a lot of issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if it just doesn't play back video that well, and I've heard before the sound quality isn't great.

Jun 1, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 7
I dunno, as far as I remember (when I had it), the screen was high contrast and bright. Don't remember any issues of artifacts, then again I have never tried the Clix so that may be relatively considerably better.

Jun 1, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 7
The Zen is a good player in general, but the processor it uses is quite slow, and this manifests itself during playback of high-bitrate video files. So paradoxically, you'll actually get better video playback from a Zen if you use lower bitrates.

The SQ is just fine, but the power output is low, so you'll need sensitive IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back