It's Late, I know but I have dilemma...
Mar 5, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #16 of 23
Throw in a en electric wheel chair for option 2 and the walking problem is solved.
wink.gif

If you like grado, get grado. I have some friends who love the grado sound. If you don't know how grado sounds, I would definitely try to find a store that sells them and audition them. Unfortunately, I don't think its possible to audition the ER-6. All I can say that the ER-6 sounds good too.

Mar 5, 2002 at 9:35 PM Post #19 of 23
www.koss.com has a picture.
smily_headphones1.gif

I like them both very well. KSC-35 has a little more bass, is lighter weight, and more comfortable. I think its worth the extra $10. They have the exact same drivers, just the enclosure and ear clips are different. They are very portable, just like the Etymotic headphones, so you could have both at hand and be prepared for every situation. They are great workout headphones too.

Mar 6, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #20 of 23
I bought the KSC 50 because it was easily available ($15 at Circuit City). I only really use it while travelling from place to place around campus, and so far it has been fine, both comfort and soundwise.

For the first couple of days I had trouble putting them on, but then figured out that the rubber covered ear holders could be bent to more comfortably hang around the outer ear.

Mar 6, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #21 of 23
#2.
I spent Thursday - Monday this past week attending a basketball tournament. I selected your exact set up for my trip except I have a Markertec cable. I took the ER6s and the KSC35s. The Grado SR80s lost out due to their size.

By the way - the ERs were great when my team wasn't playing and I needed to get away from the noise and hear some tunes. Also nice during the 6 hour car ride when I wasn't in the chatting mood.

Mar 7, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #22 of 23
I would absolutely go with the etys for portable use. I have never heard the er6, but i love my 4s. Etys take some getting used to, but it's well worth it, imho. I am also a fan of the SR80, but think that their size and openness (i think that openness is a made up word. sorry.) makes them a much less attractive choice.
Best of luck!

-M.

Mar 9, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by indybrett
Actually, I like the V6 plugged into my Sony MD for portable use.

They don't reach earsplitting audio levels, but they do sound quite good, and are closed.

I agree. Sony's V6's/7506's are great for portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back