It's good to be back!
Nov 22, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #16 of 21
Long live the D2000! I returned the D7000 in favor of it. Welcome back, Gil Schwartzman.

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of the "heavyweights" have been shot down. Singlepower is a dead product because of their outright stealing and lying as well as poor and outright dangerous builds.

Xin hasn't been heard from for a few years, holding many member's monies.

Both still take orders.

You can see, Head Fi has brought on sponsors.

Some of the really cool members have gone for various reasons.

Issues with Singlepower - thats rather surprising. I had my eye on one of them for a long time - they are located about an hour from where I live. I've heard a few of their amps at meets and they always sounded wonderful. It's a shame to hear they apparently have shady business practices.

Xin, I don't recall who that is, what amps did he make?

I do remember head-fi having sponsors before I left, but there were not very many (TTVJ, Meier, and Headroom are really all that I remember), it's good to see that caught on.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me neither on the D7000's, but all this D2000 talk has got me quite interested. What would you say their strengths are, Gil and roker? Are they pretty sturdy and good for isolation? Sorry to get off topic...
redface.gif

I may not be the best technical critic, but these are some of my favorite cans. I've gone through a fair amount of headphones, and for the longest time I was a die hard Grado fan... but these may be my favorite head phones. Grado may have a better sound, but these sound somewhat similar, but with more bass and soundstage, and they don't make your ears feel like their on fire (always hated how uncomfortable grados were, but I sucked it up because I loved their sound).

I can leave this on my head for hours with no discomfort, which is a huge plus for me, and led to me using them more than my MS-2 back in the day. I recabled my old pair, but I don't think thats an expense I can justify this time around. I may experiment with the Markl mod, I heard a lot of good things about that.

The last meet I went to (years ago), I had the pleasure of comparing my D2000 + SHA-1 to some other more expensive setups, and I found I prefered the D2000 to many more expensive headphones. The W5000, HD650, K701, and Darth Beyer were, in my opinion, all bested by the D2000. I did get a chance to hear GS1K's, HP1K's, and LR3000, all of which I'd gladly trade the Denon's for - but when price was a factor, I was still immensely pleased with these cans. I really don't think I could find a better headphone for $200.

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #20 of 21
Thanks for the strong recommendation, Gil! You've still got it. I will most certainly be looking into these headphones in the near future. Perhaps they will be available for cheap during the Black Friday sale. I can hope, at least...

Nov 22, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Issues with Singlepower - thats rather surprising. I had my eye on one of them for a long time - they are located about an hour from where I live. I've heard a few of their amps at meets and they always sounded wonderful. It's a shame to hear they apparently have shady business practices.

Seriously - you have no idea. It's probably much worse than you can imagine.
wink.gif
wink.gif
Do a few searches and read on.
Quote:

Xin, I don't recall who that is, what amps did he make?

Xin Feng - Mr. Fixup - Xin Feng Company. His were one of the earliest high-quality portable amps. He used to post quite a bit on Headwize, too (down and out for quite awhile, now).
Quote:

I do remember head-fi having sponsors before I left, but there were not very many (TTVJ, Meier, and Headroom are really all that I remember), it's good to see that caught on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back