It's amazing how horrid some expencive things can sound..
May 22, 2003 at 5:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Xander

The XanMan is back!
A Sony sports PCDP, for example. $100 gets you 20 hours of play time, and absolutely horrid sound quality. Harsh, grainy, disgusting, lifeless long shards of hardened catfish feces.

Thats how I felt after plugging my 7506's into a Toshiba laptop. I'm affraid to plug them into my headphone rig, for fear I destroy the CD player in anger.

meh.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2003 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 9
My tochiba notebook has pulsing in the headphone out too but I'm not intending to use that as my main music source

May 22, 2003 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 9
All of Sony's newer PCDP's will not overwhelm you with their headphone out quality. Sad, but true. You'll discover the older discmans are highly-praised on this forum due to better sound, more robust contruction, etc.

May 22, 2003 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 9
Yes. I was just stating the ****ty headphone output on my Toshiba laptop sounded better. Even though I can hear processor instructions being executed if i turn the volume up high enough.
rolleyes.gif

May 23, 2003 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 9
I somehow doubt you're hearing processor instructions, unless you were being sarcastic of course.

wink.gif

May 23, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #6 of 9
No, I'm not.. the high frequency oscillation of the microprocessor while executing heavy instruction loads is interfering with RF sensitive sections of the sound card. Common phenominon that can be solved by placing the soundcard farther away from the central processing unit....

May 23, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 9
I can vouch for that: my Dell does it too. Only at high volumes and only on headphones, but the sound is not bad as a whole.

May 31, 2003 at 5:49 PM Post #8 of 9
Eeeeew, my Sony D-EJ1000's headphone out sounds like crap! Grainy, distorted, clipping, lifeless, excrement-laden sound!
mad.gif

Line-out of my particular D-EJ1000 is a different story, however... Figures
tongue.gif

May 31, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #9 of 9
I have almost abandoned my laptop for entertainment. The only time I use it is when I am on long flights (kudos for power outlets in airplane seats) and I want to watch a movie. I carry one backup battery so I can watch a couple if I need to. There is some fan noise but it is livable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back