It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Nov 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #16 of 23
Always Sunny is the funniest show on TV right now, IMO. And it is a good replacement for Arrested Development (which I sorely miss and am still pissed to this day that they took it off the air).

I digress.

Believe it or not, my wife and I went and saw a live version of "The Nightman Cometh" play in Philadelphia. All of the original cast was there, including DeVito. It was one of the most amazing concert/play going experiences we ever had. It was so freakin' funny, and it was almost surreal to see the play live and in person. We had so much fun that evening. I will never forget that experience.

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Always Sunny is the funniest show on TV right now, IMO. And it is a good replacement for Arrested Development (which I sorely miss and am still pissed to this day that they took it off the air).

I digress.

Believe it or not, my wife and I went and saw a live version of "The Nightman Cometh" play in Philadelphia. All of the original cast was there, including DeVito. It was one of the most amazing concert/play going experiences we ever had. It was so freakin' funny, and it was almost surreal to see the play live and in person. We had so much fun that evening. I will never forget that experience.

SO JEALOUS!

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #19 of 23
Watched the X-mas special last night, it was a lot better than I thought it'd be.

CharlieHungy.png

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #20 of 23
Thanks for reminding me. About to hit up Hulu.

It's hilarious. Been watching for about three seasons now. This season hasn't impressed me as much so far, but there has been some gold. The bar is set pretty high for them, so I can forgive a little staleness.

Nov 14, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #21 of 23
A buddy of mine has been bugging me for a year or so to watch this show. I tried a few times last year and it didn't take. But I watched a couple episodes the other day and it's pretty good...
I watched the one where Dee is trying to break up her high-school boyfriends wedding and the hornets nest in the bar, and the one about the secret tunnel/Phillies baseball game.

Nov 18, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SO JEALOUS!

Not to rub it in more, but...
smily_headphones1.gif

All of the concert/play staff were wearing black shirts that said "Charlie Work" on the back. The venue dressed up the bar to look like Paddy's Pub, and all of the (very hot) cocktail waitresses were dressed in revealing Paddy's Pub waitress attire.

The fans really added to the energy/experience, and there were several people dressed as various members of the cast. There were at least 5 "green men" dancing around in the audience.

Before the play began, a giant screen descended from the ceiling, and they played a scene from the Christmas Special (were Charlie attacks Santa in the mall). And they also showed a sneak peek of an entire episode from the new season (episode 10 I believe). It was called "Flipadelphia", and it was freakin' hilarious.

Best $70 tickets I ever bought. I got lucky though, the show sold out in minutes, and scalpers were getting several hundred dollars per ticket.

If I missed this show, I would have regretted it for a very long time.

P.S. The waitress still turned down Charlies proposal, to a very loud chorus of "BOOOOOOOOS".
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #23 of 23
yeah thanks for not rubbing it in!!!!

when did the christmas special air? was it the usual time slot because i missed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back