It's almost sort of sad..
Nov 19, 2011 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

StereoNoodles

Head-Fier
So my close friend bought some fake Beats Solo's from Dealextreme. I'm the one who showed him the site and where he could buy them.
As soon as he finally received his severely damaged box with fake beats after 4 weeks, he immediately came to my house to show me his beats.
I was very impressed with it's looks. It's pretty much exactly identical to the real solo's. 
The sound is alright for the price ( 60 bucks ) I'm no audiophile, but you could clearly tell this was fake. 
Of course, all my other friends didn't think so. We brought his "Special" Beats to school and showed to our friends. Course we didn't tell them they were fake.

" Oh my god! So amazing! This is so good!"
" Beats are so awesome!!!"

We showed a lot of people his Beats, all with the same positive comments.

Honestly, I was surprised. I expected most people to automatically think they were fake. It really didn't sound THAT good, audiophile or not, it didn't sound that great.

Still there were still people that went insane over his fake Beats.

Sound doesn't even matter anymore to normal people. The brand name means everything now. Even if it doesn't sound that great, people will still go crazy over it because there is a B imprinted on the headphones...

I gotta give props to the people that made these fakes.. If these could impress that much people for only $60 bucks... 

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 10
I had to look these up because of your story. They really are convincing, with the exception that you know... the logo isn't the same but yeah... I think this shows more the profit margin Monster/Artists demands and how expensive headphones with names tacked on are... I honestly would be surprise if they were the exact materials with a different but same level quality drivers as real Beats.

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
I had to look these up because of your story. They really are convincing, with the exception that you know... the logo isn't the same but yeah... I think this shows more the profit margin Monster/Artists demands and how expensive headphones with names tacked on are... I honestly would be surprise if they were the exact materials with a different but same level quality drivers as real Beats.

I'll bet that once in a while, you get fake Beats with better drivers than the original (XB-500/700 drivers anyone?). It's very true that most of the price tag on those celebrity endorsed headphones is really just sponsorship and jacking up the price. The only exception to this issue is AKG's Q701, which sells for around the same as a normal K701 and K702. I'd love to transplant some nice drivers into some Beats but sadly, I have neither the money nor the materials to.

Nov 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 10
You get fake Beats here in India for about $15 (yes only fifteen!). And they sound worse than the complimentary headphones you get on airplane flights. 
gs1000.gif

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #8 of 10
Agreed, sound quality is simply not very important for most people ~ ever wondered why Steve Jobs at Apple never bothered with
a strong alliance with a headphone manufacturer or even better ~ develop their own innovative in house iem or full sized phone?

Again, sound quality does not matter. Functionality, aesthetics, ease of access and quantity of tracks via storage is king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back