itouch output that bad?
Oct 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Opentoe

100+ Head-Fier
I was fooling around with my itouch and for the first time went into the EQ settings area. I have the Westone 3's. After selecting the "higher bass" EQ mode the IEMs sounded horrible. The bass wasn't even bass, but a thumping pluuuuf. Can I assume this is because the output of the itouch just isn't that good? Unfortunately I sold my Sony X-series walkman which was rated to have superior sound without an amp and can't test it with anything else.

This the limitations of an unamped low end SQ device? I'm actually thinking of selling my itouch just to get a better sounding quality device. Why I stuck with the itouch right now is because of the sync speed. 29GB of data takes just about 10-13 minutes with the itouch using itunes. When I had my Sony the same amount using Windows Media Player took literally 12-14 hours!! I've only owned two media type players, so does anyone recommend one of good quality??

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 2
Depends what gen you have. The second gen has great sounded, rated by alot of the other players out there. The EQ just sucks on the ipod touch, so..dont use it, EQ ur headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back