IT01s IEM. A new view to your music.
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #571 of 669
The only part of the driver that will change with burn in is the suspension. The membrane is purposely constructed of materials to make it as stiff as possible so it behaves as a piston and flexes as little as possible. Ideally we never want the membrane to flex as that will reduce the accuracy of the reproduced signal.

Mar 20, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #572 of 669
The only part of the driver that will change with burn in is the suspension. The membrane is purposely constructed of materials to make it as stiff as possible so it behaves as a piston and flexes as little as possible. Ideally we never want the membrane to flex as that will reduce the accuracy of the reproduced signal.

This is what I meant, suspension not membrane, English is not my mother language.

Mar 20, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #573 of 669
20190320_214420.jpg
20190320_214424.jpg
Maximize sound stage by this ear tip.
Its not a rule but the bigger sound bore, the bigger stage.

It01s has to laid back mid that I need it more forward so music left behind.
By this kind of tip, got both what I want.
Stage is as big as a full size can.
Bonus improved of fit - this may happen to personal ear

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #574 of 669
Hi all, for anyone interested, I have just posted my long-delayed review of the IT01s.
You can tell how delayed it's been, in that the photos have a Christmas theme :p
I've been going through a very rough time for a long time, but hopefully brighter days are ahead now :)

Thanks to @Paul - iBasso and the team for yet another excellent product offering great value :)

Here's the review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/21892/

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #575 of 669
Hi all, for anyone interested, I have just posted my long-delayed review of the IT01s.
You can tell how delayed it's been, in that the photos have a Christmas theme :p
I've been going through a very rough time for a long time, but hopefully brighter days are ahead now :)

Thanks to @Paul - iBasso and the team for yet another excellent product offering great value :)

Here's the review:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/review/21892/

Wait a minute, let me grab my IT01s to see if I concur. :)

Apr 9, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #576 of 669
@Layman1
Sorry to hear about the tough times...hope you get things worked out.

Apr 17, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #577 of 669
I am almost happy with my IT01 iem's.
My problem is with the ear tips that came with them.
I had to use the smaller ones and i can only get a good seal if i sit still..

Have any of you tried custom earmolds with your IT01 iem's?

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #578 of 669
I am almost happy with my IT01 iem's.
My problem is with the ear tips that came with them.
I had to use the smaller ones and i can only get a good seal if i sit still..

Have any of you tried custom earmolds with your IT01 iem's?

Not with my IT01s no, but I did with another IEM and didn't have much luck.

Do larger tips not give you a better fit and seal?

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #579 of 669
Not with my IT01s no, but I did with another IEM and didn't have much luck.

Do larger tips not give you a better fit and seal?
The larger tips fall out of my ear or do not seal at all.
IEM's can be a hassle...
I am tempted to put them in a box and go full size again.

Apr 17, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #580 of 669
IEM's can be a hassle...

Is that a general thing for you or just with these?

Yes it could be that IEM's are just not for you, if you can though try something with a 2mm nozzle, Shure, Westone and a few others they may fit better.

Also try some good quality foam tips with the IT01s, Comply for example they may work better.

Apr 18, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #582 of 669
The larger tips fall out of my ear or do not seal at all.
IEM's can be a hassle...
I am tempted to put them in a box and go full size again.

Getting a good fit and seal was not easy for me as well when I started with IEMs.
I do not have the IT01s, but I had the Moondrop Kanas Pro and got custom silicone tips for them.
Fit and comfort was good to very good, depending a little on the day, seal was excellent, but they did have an influence on sound as well, in my case reducing treble a little.
I have smaller ears as well and a narrow ear canal, so as long as I tried to cram IEMs into my canal I did not get good fit, comfort and seal.
What works best for me now is to use tips that sit and seal in my concha, the area before the ear canal. Best tip for me is the Spiral Dots, but depending on IEM type as well. They are less conical, more ball shaped and soft. Very comfortable for me.

Cheers and good luck!

Apr 18, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #583 of 669
Getting a good fit and seal was not easy for me as well when I started with IEMs.
I do not have the IT01s, but I had the Moondrop Kanas Pro and got custom silicone tips for them.
Fit and comfort was good to very good, depending a little on the day, seal was excellent, but they did have an influence on sound as well, in my case reducing treble a little.
I have smaller ears as well and a narrow ear canal, so as long as I tried to cram IEMs into my canal I did not get good fit, comfort and seal.
What works best for me now is to use tips that sit and seal in my concha, the area before the ear canal. Best tip for me is the Spiral Dots, but depending on IEM type as well. They are less conical, more ball shaped and soft. Very comfortable for me.

Cheers and good luck!
Thanks!
I will look into the spiral dots and the other alternatives!!

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #584 of 669
Thanks!
I will look into the spiral dots and the other alternatives!!

Hi @Netrum,

Definitely don't give up on IEMs just yet till you've tried as many different ear tips as possible, (yes, I realise it is time consuming & detract from the listening time & experience but is well worth it).
Also, one thing to note I often recommend to others is also consider different size tips for either ear as more often than not, a different size tip in one ear canal opposed to the other (eg, Medium & Large ) can fix fit issues, this also works for different silicone as well as mix & match foam & silicone, etc

Crystalline Audio make decent tips as do Periodic Audio Hydrogen tips in both foam & silicone.
I have also had good experience with Spinfits too though personally & subjectively, comfort wise, much prefer foams.

As a final note, most IEM manufacturers &/or tip manufacturers will usually have a listing of what size tips fit what IEM as well.

Hope this all makes sense.

Hope you have a great day !

Apr 20, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #585 of 669
between it01s and b400, I have read some impressions on both in here.
Both seem have different sound signature. However which one give more wow factor?
I rhint I want to buy one of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back