It is time to decide.
Nov 5, 2003 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Geek

Headphoneus Supremus
I need a little bit of help. My birthday is coming up, and I am going to "reward" myself by buying something expensive for my audio setup.

Based upon tuberoller's excellent review of HD600 cables, should I get the moon audio silver dragon for my soon-to-arrive HD650?

Should I go for it?

I have the cash, I have the time to listen, and pretty soon I'm going to have some SACDs for my NS500V
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,
Geek

Nov 5, 2003 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 25
Excellent. I really don't have much resistance, I just needed that last umph to push me through on an excellent upgrade.

Tuberoller's comments regarding the incredible detail and excellent layering of the silver dragon have struck me in a positive fashion. I will most surely do a lengthy and detailed review once both components come and are fully burned in.

Cheers,
Geek

Nov 5, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 25
Is there any return policy for the Silver Dragons? I am also interested in them. I have the Cardas now. Which sound very, good to me. Always wondering though.

Nov 5, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 25
Straight from moon-audio.com - "As with all my stuff I offer a 30day money back guarantee."

Looks good to me, I'm jumpin' in. C'mon Geek!

The website says "Coming Soon" about the cables. Does anyone know if they are available now?

Would the 15ft cable have an appreciable sound difference over the 10ft? I would like the extra length, but not at the cost of sound.

Nov 5, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 25
Screw the cables, you use a NS500V. 'nuff said.

Really, replace the source before you get a replacement cable, you'll notice a much larger difference

Nov 5, 2003 at 3:52 AM Post #8 of 25
Ebonyks,

The NS500V has impressive SACD.

Have you ever heard the NS500V with SACD through the maxed out home+reference with HD600/cardas?

Didn't think so hehe

Its CD playback does sound bright and brittle though. I agree with you there.

Cheers,
Geek

Nov 5, 2003 at 3:56 AM Post #10 of 25
Oh, yes,

Cables make a gigantic difference with the HD600. As big as the source imho. I used a meridian 507.20 for a few days and I think that the cardas opened the sound up and improved the music as much as the source did.

If the silver dragon is that much better than the cardas, then it would be logical to just get that cable. I have excellent budget SACD with the NS500V. I would rather invest in an excellent PC audio setup (we're talking $500 range, not including the outboard DAC).

Cheers,
Geek

Nov 5, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #11 of 25
If a 150 dollar cable provides the same benefit to your ears as a several thosand dollar CD player, i envy you and your wallet.

Nov 5, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Guild
The website says "Coming Soon" about the cables. Does anyone know if they are available now?

This is what Drew said:
"They will be back from the molding at the end of November..."

Quote:

Originally posted by Guild
Would the 15ft cable have an appreciable sound difference over the 10ft? I would like the extra length, but not at the cost of sound.

He said this as well:
"I heard no difference between lengths."

Nov 5, 2003 at 1:41 PM Post #14 of 25
Ebonyks,

Have you listened to good SACDs on the NS500V? I stand by what tuberoller said when he called the NS500V an "awesome budget component." SACD is just incredible on this system, and DVD is nearly as good.

The player was clearly not designed with fidelity CD in mind, hence my SACD buying spree heh heh.

Cheers,
Geek

Nov 5, 2003 at 3:18 PM Post #15 of 25
Geek,

I agree with Ebonyks. I also own a NS500V, and I can't believe it receives recommendations on this site. It would be a real shame if you bought a cable for your headphones that costs more than your source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back