It is Time for Vinyl!
Jan 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Share2Care

100+ Head-Fier
Good Morning Ladies & Gents!

I do hope all is well.

I started posting this in the Components section but thought is this still the right place to ask? 

Within the next few weeks, I will have finally gotten hold of my first 'proper' desktop AMP/DAC by Schiit - The Jotunheim with the addition of the DAC board to complete it. Looking to get a highly recommended first time buyer LP Vinyl Player. 

So in short, not looking to break the bank, but looking for something to team up with the Jotunheim which is not exactly cheap and I am hopeful I have enough spare RCA connects to connect a vinyl player?! I will check as well! Based in the UK on preference for shiping / clearance but happy to buy elsewhere if needs must.

Thank you for all suggestions and advice. Most appreciated.

Cheers :)

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 2
So a lot more info would be helpful. I do not know about the inputs and outputs on the jotunheim but you won't need a dac for a turntable. But depending on what you use for an amp you will need a phono stage. if you are in the U.K. might as well look for a rega, the cheapest rega new is like 400+ usd up to multiple thousands. They are probably cheaper in the U.K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back