It is time for an IEM upgrade
Nov 5, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #16 of 29
Any last thoughts before I make my final decision?

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #17 of 29
Try the super.fi's, you can always return them. I dont see what the issue with size is.

The se110's arn't much better than the ibuds, and the 210's arn't much better than the 110's.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #19 of 29
Wait are you saying I can return the super.fi to radioshack with no fees?

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #21 of 29
From my knowledge the se210s are decently more impressive than the se110s for the 20 bucks more from reviews I have read due to the hi def microspeaker, but you also get tri flanges with the se210

I am pretty sure the se110s are very similar to the e2s and the se210 is sort of a bridge between the se110 and se310 because there was sort of a price gap between the e2 and e3 previous gen so they decided to put some "filler" in between not saying it is necessary bad

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by shomie911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd probably go for that if I were you.

I love my E4c's, they are great headphones. Sound great unamped, almost amazing amped.

Another vote for the E4C's.

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #23 of 29
I am thinking I might go to radio shack tomorrow or the next day and get the super.fi 3 lives

Nov 6, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #25 of 29
I probably will get them but first I might look up their returns policy...

My comparison will probably be to ibuds, marshmallows, and some phillips clips

Nov 26, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking I might go to radio shack tomorrow or the next day and get the super.fi 3 lives

Super.fi 3 has recessed highs, its bass is also restricted. So I certainly do not recommend them for trance, jazz and classic.

The genres you specified have very different requirements to headphones. If you are looking for single IEM to fit all then I heartidly recommend Sennheiser CX300 (be aware of fakes!). Its perfect all-arounder in $100 price range. It is also very comfy and useable in variety of conditions.

You may also use 2 IEMs of complimentary sound sigs. Look, you already have FX-33 (Marshmallow is other name), which may shine after simple kramer mod (search forum). This mod opens up highs and bring the mids forward. I easily moded mine further to accomodate UE Single Flange Eartips and this improved the bass as well as comfort. Now my FX33 performs very well as smooth, warm, bassy IEM, which is very good for non-critical, relaxed, background type of listening. ER-6i will compliment it perfectly with its analytical, incredibly detailed sound. I consider ER-6i (along with Grado SR60/iGrado) as the best entry into audiophile world. No one IEM you listed will provide you with same experience.

Nov 26, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #27 of 29
One vote for the UE Supers. I love mine and chose them over the ER6i because of comfort and because I couldnt tell a difference in sound quality. Plus you dont have to mess with buying new filters for them since they come with a cleaning tool.

Nov 26, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #29 of 29
If you buy the super fi 3 it will take only a few months untill the next upgrade..
They are great but the triple fi are better
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry about your wallet, but you are allready infected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back