It is happening. (Pacific Northwest get-together)
Aug 8, 2001 at 10:24 PM Post #16 of 62
I only eat free-range chicken, which is at least marginally better. (then again, at a restaraunt you have no idea where it's coming from). seafood is perfectly fine as long as it's farm grown, but I don't like eating fish from the ocean because we're eating too much of it. You just can't win, dammit!
mad.gif

now I'm not saying I never eat red meat or ocean-grown seafood, but I am saying that I cut back whenever possible. That's all
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2001 at 10:44 PM Post #21 of 62
Neruda: We have some Costco chicken in the freezer. Think they're free range. At least the last time I was there the stockers were out in the parking lot chasing birds. Hmmm, maybe those were seagulls. Hmmm, maybe what we have in the freezer is ......(free range seagulls???)

Aug 8, 2001 at 10:49 PM Post #22 of 62
Eric: What do your folks like to do? There's some pretty good antiqueing in Centralia. Got to think of something that will reinforce their desire to bring you.

Aug 8, 2001 at 10:55 PM Post #23 of 62
Umm, antiques are *not* one of their interests...

Probably it'll only be my dad driving me down there, and his main interest is jazz. He plays the saxophone (soprano, alto, and tenor, but mostly soprano and tenor) and clarinet, and he's got more jazz CDs then you could shake a stick at.

Aug 8, 2001 at 10:58 PM Post #24 of 62
Hehe, I'm trying to save money while I look for a new job. I figured I'd end up using like 125 or so gallons round-trip... and I don't like the idea spending around 57 hours behind the wheel either.
eek.gif

Aug 8, 2001 at 11:02 PM Post #25 of 62
Rotareng: I don't think that this meet was intended as a "country-wide" meeting, otherwise Jude and the other Chicago headfizers would come.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2001 at 11:05 PM Post #26 of 62
Well, in the thread on the Bay Area get together KurtW mentioned this weekend is the San Jose Jazz Festival. Your Dad could drop you off and pick you up on the way back.

Unfortunately Lewis County, not being a cultural hotbed, doesn't offer any jazz atrractions I know of.

Aug 8, 2001 at 11:07 PM Post #27 of 62
Okay,Rotareneg. We will let ya off the hook this time.

deepriver- Tyll probably has never had any of that good Pacific NW gull. They get pretty scrawny by the time they fly to Bozeman. He is in for a real treat!! Ummm Umm good eatin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back