it... is... alive!
Jan 22, 2005 at 9:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

aeriyn

Headphoneus Supremus
I have finally fixed my pimeta... and it sounds good.
smily_headphones1.gif

Expect pictures soon.

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 14
It's alive
You're alive

What more could you want?

My META42 on the other hand is missing a power connection. I'm too lazy to fix it so I'll wait until I have a better idea for a case (probably the fourth case this thing has been put in) before I fix it.

I really wanna rewire it but I don't think the traces can handle anymore soldering/desoldering.

I could just steal some parts from it and build something from the PIMETA schematic, but I'm all out of perfboard.

Jan 22, 2005 at 7:02 PM Post #4 of 14
Since I cooked so many TLEs in this amp, I gacked up the pads so badly I had to solder wires to them and wire the TLE to the board rather than soldering it to the pads. X.x;;; Not exactly the most elegant solution, and the interior of the amp is a mess, but it works and it sounds very good.

The LED is way too bright though. Shouldn't have gotten a 2300mcd LED.

Jan 22, 2005 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen
congratulations
smily_headphones1.gif

2300mcd is way to bright, you should be careful not to look straight into the LED, it might damage your eyes permanently

It's current limited by a 2.2kohm resistor, so it's not at full brightness, but it is still so bright it's annoying even from a non-optimal viewing angle.

Gonna pick up a lower mcd LED from ratshack on my way to work today.

Jan 22, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 14
dr. aeriyn, good job on bring it to life.

on another note, I got the red bulb solder sucker and it works much better than that exploding blue sping based one. Check it out.

Jan 23, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Edwood, just go buy a small drill press. Makes things so much easier and no worry about dead batteries.

You know you want to
evil_smiley.gif

LOL, so typical for this site
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bg4533
Wow...I just looked and my blue 5mm LEDs are only rated between 130-360mcd.

Your LED must light up the room.

I swear it's like a flashlight beam. I'll save the LED and use it to make me a DIY penlight.
very_evil_smiley.gif
The bright LED was good on my last pimeta but I forgot to consider the fact that my last one had a cloudy acrylic case, which diffused the very bright LED a lot. Shouldn't have used the same LED type.

*self proclaimed DIY addict!*

I got me a 300mcd blue LED from radio shack, and it is not nearly as bright. It more closely matches the blue backlit display of my D500SE now. Still a tad bit brighter, but much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back