It all fit...
Oct 24, 2002 at 12:18 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

I'm not going to make boards for this but I am planning on publishing the PCB artwork

Perfect! I've been considering placing an order for a few boards... might as well line up a few of them and cut them apart.

Thanks for the pub offer, and again- very nice work! (dealing with all those really short wires is not my favorite thing, so I can really appreciate your workmanship).

Oct 25, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #18 of 23
erix
I've always thought you did an excellent job with casework. It's always good to see your work. You and sijosae should get together some day and start an audio **** site.

I noticed you called your amp a multi-loop rather than calling it a META42. What did you do differently? In other words--how is yours different from say, the amp KurtW has begun building for people?

JMT lacks the prerequisite of being an official audio or components dealer. He's not a pr... Hmm. Yeah. Just kidding... mostly.

Oct 25, 2002 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

I noticed you called your amp a multi-loop rather than calling it a META42. What did you do differently? In other words--how is yours different from say, the amp KurtW has begun building for people?

If you read the recent posts by Tangent, you'll see that META42 is merely the name of the PCB on which a multiloop amp can be built. The amp here isn't built on the META42 board, therefore cannot be called a META42.

Oct 25, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
erix
I've always thought you did an excellent job with casework. It's always good to see your work. You and sijosae should get together some day and start an audio **** site.

Many Thanx!! Sijosae has a pretty good start on an amp **** site though.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Well, to me a META42 is the circuit board tangent sells. It is a multi-loop amp with the option of biasing into class A just the same as this amp. This is the same circuit - just different layout. You can layout the circuit anyway you like, make a board of it, and call it what you like - it's still a multi-loop amp.

Now, KurtW's amp - is that the modded Cordas? He, I believe, adds parts to bias the opamps on the regular circuit board into class A and does some other things? That's cool - I like hacking other's circuit boards.

In fact, I'm going to be finishing up another amp next week that uses the Cmoy/Hansen/JMT board as a start. When it's finished it will have parallel output buffers in place of the original opamp output stage. Maybe even class A - what the hell? It'll be housed in an old Linksys print server box and run off the Linksys wall wart! Should be wierd...

antomas: It draws about 17-24mA at insane volume - don't know how long a battery will last but I'm guessing 10-12hrs. The chip gets only slightly warmer than 'normal'.

ok,
erix

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:55 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

With bated breath (for you tangent!)

Sorry, not interested. That board is compromised relative to the META42. Either I'd have to give up some of the features I like now, or manage two different boards. Neither appeals.

Mind, I don't think what Eric did is a bad idea -- just that I'm not interested in managing it. Since he's going to publish the PCB layout, anyone who wants one can make their own board.

Quote:

how is yours different from say, the amp KurtW has begun building for people?

I don't know what else he's doing, but I'm pretty sure Kurt is building META42s.

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by tangent
Sorry, not interested. That board is compromised relative to the META42. Either I'd have to give up some of the features I like now, or manage two different boards. Neither appeals.

I just meant the spelling, with no other implications.
redface.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 4:35 AM Post #23 of 23
Nice amP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back