It’s almost Christmas and I gave myself 3 cheap gifts. Lol
Dec 22, 2019 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Solar1971

100+ Head-Fier
The Blon 03, the Tin Audio T2 ((non pro))
And the KZ ZSX’s
All under 40$ each. Because I’m cheap. But they won't show up until a little after Christmas. But hopefully
Before the new year. Yea!!!

What did you guys buy yourselves this Christmas that’s IEM related ?

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 10
images

I bought newfangled true wireless/yet wired if you choose earphones...
upload_2019-12-22_21-6-51.jpeg

...but what am I getting tomorrow when UPS comes?? I was sent an email saying something about an inventory mix up. That the product isn't actually ready yet so I may or may not get the "right" item. Probably another true wireless model i didn't actually order. So, I got a 5 block walk to a UPS drop box to drop a return in most likely. :frowning2:

Dec 23, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 10
images

I bought newfangled true wireless/yet wired if you choose earphones...

...but what am I getting tomorrow when UPS comes?? I was sent an email saying something about an inventory mix up. That the product isn't actually ready yet so I may or may not get the "right" item. Probably another true wireless model i didn't actually order. So, I got a 5 block walk to a UPS drop box to drop a return in most likely. :frowning2:

oh boy. Bummer on the return. But once you do get the ones you ordered you’ll be stoked.
those IEMs look high end. I’ve never owned wireless anything. Lol
I hope you like them once you get them. Merry Christmas !!,
Ps did they cost a lot?

Dec 23, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #4 of 10
Well Motorola came through. Guess they are in the Christmas spirit :) Got another email today and said to keep the Vervebuds 200 they sent me instead of the TECH3 I ordered. Just have to email my info to get the TECH3. So two for the price of 1. $99 plus tax is not bad for two TW. Cool since the Vervebuds buds look pretty interesting so bummed that I had to send them back instead of getting to trying them out. Also got my hopes up at first since I did get the right box...
upload_2019-12-23_14-15-23.png

just got these inside...
upload_2019-12-23_14-17-15.png

All worked out in the end.

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 10
Oh my god how AWESOME!!!
It’s a Christmas miracle!!!!!! :wink:
Your ears will feel the love of high fidelity audio.

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 10
I on the other hand, I received my Blon BL03’s today and...
I have to be totally honest. They are NOT great.
In one word. “Muddy” describes them pretty well.
Yes they have lots of bass. But getting a good seal
Isn’t easy. Too shallow insertion. Luckily I have exactly one
Pair of medium spinfits and they worked out perfectly.
But even with a perfect seal the bass bleeds into the mids
And it’s just not very clear sounding.

Ps: I don’t give a crap what people say about DD IEMs being better
Then cheap BA IEMs and having more cohesion of sound. I have to call bull on that.
My 33$ CCA C10’s blow these Blons out of the water. It’s not even close. The more I listen to
Different IEMs. The more I realize that in general, I like IEMs the either have both DD and BA.
or just all BA. The DD and BA combo being my favorite.
What say you?

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #7 of 10
I on the other hand, I received my Blon BL03’s today and...
I have to be totally honest. They are NOT great.
In one word. “Muddy” describes them pretty well.
Yes they have lots of bass. But getting a good seal
Isn’t easy. Too shallow insertion. Luckily I have exactly one
Pair of medium spinfits and they worked out perfectly.
But even with a perfect seal the bass bleeds into the mids
And it’s just not very clear sounding.

Ps: I don’t give a crap what people say about DD IEMs being better
Then cheap BA IEMs and having more cohesion of sound. I have to call bull on that.
My 33$ CCA C10’s blow these Blons out of the water. It’s not even close. The more I listen to
Different IEMs. The more I realize that in general, I like IEMs the either have both DD and BA.
or just all BA. The DD and BA combo being my favorite.
What say you?

Yeah as I said in the other post the BLON is not too good with technicalities (like instrument separation, clarity, details, imaging) compared to multi BA/hybrid sets.
But the BLON's timbre is better than most cheap multi BA/hybrid CHIFI. I think if u listen to more acoustic instruments like classical, jazz, acoustic, then you might appreciate it. I find the BLON good for slower genres with fewer instruments and less complex instrumentation, it sounds like a vinyl tube amp kind of sound, some people like it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea for sure.

If u listen to faster music with more modern/sythetic instruments, a multi BA/hybrid is the way to go. At least now you know what you like and dislike ,and u can move on higher up the ladder to find gear that you like.

For DD/BA combos, some of the cheaper range sets have coherency/cross over issues, but in general, they combine the best of both worlds (DD type decay/bass and technicalities in the mids/treble), and that's why they are getting popular.

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #8 of 10
Yeah as I said in the other post the BLON is not too good with technicalities (like instrument separation, clarity, details, imaging) compared to multi BA/hybrid sets.
But the BLON's timbre is better than most cheap multi BA/hybrid CHIFI. I think if u listen to more acoustic instruments like classical, jazz, acoustic, then you might appreciate it. I find the BLON good for slower genres with fewer instruments and less complex instrumentation, it sounds like a vinyl tube amp kind of sound, some people like it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea for sure.

If u listen to faster music with more modern/sythetic instruments, a multi BA/hybrid is the way to go. At least now you know what you like and dislike ,and u can move on higher up the ladder to find gear that you like.

For DD/BA combos, some of the cheaper range sets have coherency/cross over issues, but in general, they combine the best of both worlds (DD type decay/bass and technicalities in the mids/treble), and that's why they are getting popular.

well then I guess I must agree with you. You are correct about these Blons.
I haven’t listened to any nice acoustic jazz yet. I will be doing that soon.
Also yes I listen to fast EDM a lot. So maybe not the best for single DD.
But at roughly 24$ it was worth a try. Maybe I can still enjoy them with some nice warm jazz and hot coco. :)

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 10
well then I guess I must agree with you. You are correct about these Blons.
I haven’t listened to any nice acoustic jazz yet. I will be doing that soon.
Also yes I listen to fast EDM a lot. So maybe not the best for single DD.
But at roughly 24$ it was worth a try. Maybe I can still enjoy them with some nice warm jazz and hot coco. :)

Yeah the BLON is one of the worst sets for EDM IMHO. It smears the sound during complex riffs/multiple instrumentation, especially at the bass. The bass tightens up with amping and with proper tips, so try tiprolling and different sources.

Most of us that have entered the rabbit hole have different sets for different genres/moods, so I'm sure you'll have your own preferred IEMs for certain genres soon enough.

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #10 of 10
Just received the KZ ZSX about 30 minutes ago. listening now.
wow these are very nice so far.
Very similar to the CCA C10’s and that’s a good thing. Awesome so far with only EDM.
I’m a huge Drum and Bass fan.

so far I still give the edge to the C10’s but I only played with the EQ a tiny bit. I will need to go in
And make small adjustments to the EQ. Once I do that then we shall see.

I feel like the Bass is slightly less tight and clean in these. The C10’s are a tiny bit better.
Also the C10’s feel slightly smaller and thusly slightly more comfortable. But only just.

these are fighting neck and neck with the C10’s. Very pleased with them.

PS : I guess this settles it... I’m a BA / BA+DD hybrid lover.
There is something the BA brings to the table that makes my ears very happy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back