Issues with my Schiit
Jul 27, 2018 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

radmanhs

100+ Head-Fier
I was recently given a Schiit mani, but no matter what I do the device produces a hiss. There is no turntable attached, just output. I have moved it around, changed the rca's and wall wart, isolated it to its own power conditioner, isolated it with the headphone amp I'm using to the same conditioner without any luck. When I changed the gain to low it did help some, but it is still definitely there.

Next I'm also having a small issue with my magni 2 uber. I've had this for a few years and have recently connected my ps4 to the optical and noticed the optical and coax channels have some white noise. The usb channel it fine, but even without anything connected the other 2 produce noise. I have also messed with the power cable here too, without any luck.

Any ideas to fix these issues? I hope I'm not just out of luck since I can't send them to schiit for repairs due to the warranty.

Jul 27, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 13
Have you tried the troubleshooting under Guides on the Schiit website?

If that doesn't work, email info@schiit.com and they can help you sort it out.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #3 of 13
I was recently given a Schiit mani, but no matter what I do the device produces a hiss. There is no turntable attached, just output. I have moved it around, changed the rca's and wall wart, isolated it to its own power conditioner, isolated it with the headphone amp I'm using to the same conditioner without any luck. When I changed the gain to low it did help some, but it is still definitely there.

Next I'm also having a small issue with my magni 2 uber. I've had this for a few years and have recently connected my ps4 to the optical and noticed the optical and coax channels have some white noise. The usb channel it fine, but even without anything connected the other 2 produce noise. I have also messed with the power cable here too, without any luck.

Any ideas to fix these issues? I hope I'm not just out of luck since I can't send them to schiit for repairs due to the warranty.

Have you tried the troubleshooting under Guides on the Schiit website?
If that doesn't work, email info@schiit.com and they can help you sort it out.

@radmanhs ... did they sort you out?

Jul 29, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 13
@ScubaMan2017 I emailed him and he sent me a list of generic solutions, along wit the ones on their faq guides. Nothing worked, so I emailed him back but he hasn't responded yet, I'm assuming because of the weekend. So now I'm just waiting for his response to see if he can help or not.

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 13
I've done every possible mixture of solutions to solve the issue with the mani without any success. Down to running the mani and amp on a ups that wasn't plugged into the wall and it still produced the same tone. The previous owner said he didn't have any issues with it which is what's really confusing me. I have additionally tested it on my receiver and heard the exact same tone. I have also picked up some ferrite beads, which might have very slightly changed the tone, but didn't make it any quieter

Aug 13, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 13
ground loop? Did you ever try it somewhere other than your house?

Aug 27, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #8 of 13
Did I read that right that you are trying it out without a turntable attached? How can you test it without grounding? Not ready to jump on schiit yet especially considering previous owner had no problems...

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #9 of 13
Even when I had the turntable attached, there were 2 tones, the same hum, along with other noise which I wanted to figure out later. I haven't really touched the setup in a week or so

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 13
What turntable is it? Hum can be really frustrating because it can come from the cartridge through the whole chain or the body of the TT depending on type - or maybe the mani got damaged in shipping :ksc75smile:

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #11 of 13
It's a pro-ject debut 3. The noise produced while the turntable was connected sounded more like static, similar the pops when playing vinyls. I'm letting my cousin take a look at it right now since he's a way more hardcore audiophile and has experience with vinyl. Just a waiting game now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back