Issues with Aune T1 and a replacement tube
Nov 5, 2018 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

exSpire

Head-Fier
Using the Aune T1 MK2 (I believe SE) for a few years now and I have an issue. I'd appreciate any help in determining whether its the DAC/Amp (electronics) at fault or the tube itself (it is the default one that came with it).
The issue is simple: I hear crackling sounds on the right channel, its not very loud and it quite depends on what I'm listening to. It seems to occur with higher pitched sounds.

I believe it is the tube because when it first occurred, it was only happening for about 10-15 minutes after starting the device (I would always turn it off when I turn off my PC), it would be perfectly fine afterwards. Thus I assume it was the tube warming up and that's why it stopped. However now the issue is no longer at 10-15 minutes of starting up but a permanent one.

While I'm at it, I would love a tube recommendation with a link to where I can purchase it. I'm from the EU (Israel) if that matters. I saw the tube rolling thread on here of the Aune T1 but its just too much information and it seems that even if I like the description of a tube, I can't seem to find the exact version of it, like there are variation to everything. I can buy from eBay or Amazon and I also saw that TubeDepot has delivery to my country.

As far as describing what I like sound-wise, I like the clear tube and I prefer keeping the sound "original". I also prefer open headphones (but sometimes I swap to closed ones) and I like the feeling of an open stage. I don't want to have more bass or basically too much of anything. I suppose balanced and clear is how I would describe what I like.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back