Issues Iphone 5 - FiiO E10 DAC - with Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter
Jan 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TheJester21

New Head-Fier
I'm sorry if this issue has been posted before, as I don't have the time to go through everything. I'm not well experienced in this either as I'm pretty new to amplifiers and this is my first post in this tech-savy community.

Now this has been something that has been bothering me for awhile, but I've been waiting patiently, and with the newly shaped-dock for the new iphone 5, I had to recently purchase the Apple lightning adapter and use it to connect to the current fiiO line out cable which connects to the iphone 5 and then to my fiiO E10 USB DAC amp (which I haven't used yet) which will be used for my sennheiser hd 598s. Now the issue: It just doesn't work. The second I plug it the adapter to the line out cable the volume bar goes away and there is no sound. Is the cable the issue? Is the lightning adapter just not currently compatible? As for solutions, if there is anything else I need to buy, please let me know.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Ah... wow that makes me feel rather silly. I must've confused my order with the fiiO 11.

Ok, so what are some of the best portable amps that have been recommended to work great with the iphone 5 around here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back