Issue With Modi 2 Optical
May 7, 2015 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hofcake

New Head-Fier
I have my Modi 2 Optical plugged into my PC and the second light that tells me if there is an optical connection. I have tried new cables, and I have tried disabling all of the encoded formats but it still does not recognize that it is receiving data. It is set as the default audio device and it is at 24bit/96khz. The DAC does work on other audio equipment, just no on my computer. Do any of you know what the problem could be?

May 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 3
OK, I'm a little unclear on how you have it hooked up to your PC.  Do you have a USB connection with the dac?  If yes, then you don't need an optical connection.  If you have a USB connection and the dac is the default device, then your tunes will travel over the USB connection.  Give me a little more detail on your hook up.

May 8, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #3 of 3
  I have my Modi 2 Optical plugged into my PC and the second light that tells me if there is an optical connection. I have tried new cables, and I have tried disabling all of the encoded formats but it still does not recognize that it is receiving data. It is set as the default audio device and it is at 24bit/96khz. The DAC does work on other audio equipment, just no on my computer. Do any of you know what the problem could be?

Is your PC's sound card set for 2-channel and PCM (DDL & DTS-Connect should not be enabled).
Are you using on-board audio or an add-on internal sound card?
Have you updated to the latest software for your sound card?
Try setting the PC/sound card to 16-bit/44.1K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back