IsoTek Burn-In CD
Feb 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #16 of 29
I can see that burning in is an important task.
I personally see the benefit of the Isotek CD mainly in using it as a refreshment for the whole system before starting to listen. It really works. The system sounds cleaner and less muffled.

Aug 20, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bingo! As it happens, I had just ordered this ridiculously expensive disc before you posted. It ain't exactly cheap
tongue_smile.gif
, but if it helps with burn-in as advertised, it will be worth it.

If not, I'll tear it a new one right here.
bigsmile_face.gif

Did this ever work for you? Also, I was wondering which track you used for burning in your d5000s on the isotek. shouldnt track 2 already take care of the bass?

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 29
I'm going to be using the Isotek cd on a pair of ATH-M50s in the coming week. And also revive my bass-heavy Logitech G51 speakers...see if it will make any difference on these low-end sets.

Does anyone know if playing burn-in cd through player is absolute, or if we could get away burning cd to Apple Lossless and playing through iTunes at will, without need of cd?

I'm guessing pure-cd bitrate is necessary.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #19 of 29
Why would you need the cd? Its the sound exercise that is important, not the format. I have mine on my hard drive in lossless format to make sure all information is intact.

Oct 4, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #25 of 29
Hate to revive an old thread, but, for headphones, are you guys using track 1, or 2 to burn in?  I just got my grado 325is's, and while I'm at work, I'd like to start the burn in.

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #26 of 29

Quote:
Hate to revive an old thread, but, for headphones, are you guys using track 1, or 2 to burn in?  I just got my grado 325is's, and while I'm at work, I'd like to start the burn in.

As I recall, Track one is supposedly for "small" systems and track two for "larger" systems that includes a subwoofer. I have many times used both tracks, no damage noticed, but if you're worried about damaging the driver I would just go for track one or at least start out with this one.

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #27 of 29

Quote:
As I recall, Track one is supposedly for "small" systems and track two for "larger" systems that includes a subwoofer. I have many times used both tracks, no damage noticed, but if you're worried about damaging the driver I would just go for track one or at least start out with this one.

Correct. If you are also scared of damaging the driver I would suggest playing some recording of rainfall with or without thunder. My burn CDs consist of sweeps, pink noise, and rain. I leave the 3 CDs on repeat and then go out to do what I need to.

Mar 19, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #29 of 29
Hi,all, I have just joined this great site. I am an ex forces, retired engineer, I don’t believe anything until I have -proven it myself or recommended from a select few friends. It was one of these that introduced me to Isotek.

What a great product that for me works wonderfully.

I am not connected to Isotek in any way.

I have recently sold and moved from a converted scout hall that was huge and allowed me to have three seperate hifi systems, now I have down sized to two and have built up my headphone system.

I am really looking forward to reading more online especially head fi org.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back