Isolation measurements
Jul 24, 2009 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bgstern

Head-Fier
I'm strongly considering the new SRH840 and I'm really happy to see that HeadRoom will be carrying it. Are you guys planning to perform the technical measurements on it? I am very interested in the frequency response and isolation.

Other than SQ, the most important item to me is isolation, as I will be using it at work in cubicles near people.

Also I wanted to ask - can you make any implications from the isolation measurements how much it will isolate music from coming OUT of the headphone? Do they tend to go somewhat lock-step or are they not related at all? I think sound leakage would be a useful thing to have measurements of as well.

Jul 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Anyone?

I'm particularly interested in the last question about isolation measurement implications, especially since most of these headphones I can't audition before I purchase.

For example:

graphCompare.php

You can see that the DT770s provide much more isolation than the D2000s, especially in the midrange - from sound leaking INTO the headphone. Does this imply the reverse for sound leaking OUT OF the headphone or are these not really related?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back