Isolation from the Holidays
Dec 18, 2008 at 12:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

PixelSquish

Previously known as idiotekniques
ive been working in manhattan for about 4 months now, and well lately, working in mid-town manhattan, i've gone on many a walking mission after work to search for a few presents for loved ones. ive always appreciated the isolation ive gotten, on very loud subway and PATH rides, bus rides, etc.

and it has struck me again how absolutely insane IEM's can be. i mean i am walking by rockefeller center and super busy areas, so much damn noise, and yet walking by with my zune on a reasonable volume and my triple.fi's in my ears, i can hear none of that cacophony, and yet hear the music so crisp and clear.

it is just an amazing and surreal experience to be in such a hectic and loud environment, and just be able to enjoy music without having to blast it at all. you can slice and cut through crowds to electronic breakbeats or glide through on some shards of floyd.

it all works out quite well. all this in a package as small as your mp3 player and a small pair of IEM's. easily fit into a shirt or coat pocket.

IEM's 4 life!!! (for portable use)

Dec 18, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #2 of 2
I run the machine shop for a company that manufactures custom farm equipment. They have people grinding, welding, hammering, cutting and bending sheet metal. I'm lucky I can wear IEM's all day long. It doesn't keep out all the noise, but it makes it more than tolerable in an 8 hour period, plus I have a bit of background music to keep me entertained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back