Isolating tips for the PK1?
Jun 11, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Hey Garrett,

I just got PK-1s and I love them. An idea I have always thought about trying is wearing some of those giant hearing protection muffs right over the ear-buds. Something like the shotgun protectors here:

http://www.customearprotection.com/p...s/earmuffs.php

muff-shotgunner.jpg

I wonder if they can be worn comfortably over the ears with the PK-1s in the ears. I don't like the intrusiveness of canal phones (that's why I got ear-buds in the first place). But I ride the subway and the rails scraping against the wheels and all the noise can approach very, very high levels, so I was thinking about solutions.

I plan on going somewhere to try some of these muffs out. I will post my findings here if I ever get it done.

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Garrett,

I just got PK-1s and I love them. An idea I have always thought about trying is wearing some of those giant hearing protection muffs right over the ear-buds. Something like the shotgun protectors....

I've worn muffs over my pk1's (and other small headphones) and it works fine. Make sure you get a model with a large enough inner diameter, as some tend to be more narrow.

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kikkomang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would anyone use these with the ipod stock buds?

Because they're white and anything would make them sound better?
icon10.gif

Seriously though, these look interesting. I bought some Griffin EarJams a while back at Comp USA and tried 'em both with the PK1 and PK2 and all it did was muddy up the sound: the bass was bloated and the highs were severely rolled off. The tips reminded me of the Sony EXxx series and was comfortable, but like I said, I didn't care for the sound. I wonder how those Comply-tipped attachments sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back