Isolating and comfortable headphones recommendation.
Mar 13, 2018 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Uzair

New Head-Fier
I need to buy a pair of headphones with good isolation, that is comfortable, that costs no more than necessary. Sound quality is of no concern at the moment.

The only closed headphones I had owned previously was Sennheiser HD380 Pro and I did like its isolation, comfort and sound quality. However, they are not currently available in the market here. The Sennheiser HD280 Pros are available at most places here, and while most reviews and posts do say they have good isolation and they are cheaper than 380 but quite a few raise concerns of comfort. And I can't try them on without buying.

Brands other than Sennheiser are rather uncommon here. I'm currently using Sennheiser HD 598, which are good but have no isolation at all, so I was wondering if the headphones which have a similar shape like HD429, 438 etc that are closed would have comparable isolation to the 380s or 280s and if they'd be comfortable, as they are cheaper.

I can consider Sony WH-1000XM2 and Bose QC 35 ii, but most online sources don't mention how good their passive isolation is, because I'm not just dealing with an airplane hum, but rather construction noises with hammering noise, throwing of stuff like bricks, people talking and traffic etc. And I need to quiet/drown that down to be able to study and so, I don't really care about the sound. I do use Shure SE215 in-ears which work reasonably well, but I find earphones uncomfortable to wear too long. I'd be needing to wear these for like 6-14 hours each day for a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back