Isolating $100 IEM Recommendation
Apr 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gman959

New Head-Fier
So I have been looking for a nice set of IEM's for a while now, I'm an seriously considering the etymotic hf5 because I like the isolation. The only problem is people say that there soundstage is not that great. So I am hoping you guys can point me toward a nice pair. I am looking for a pair of IEM's with great isolation, soundstage, comfort, and of course sound. I was hopping to keep under $100. If you guys could suggest a nice pair for me I would greatly appreciate it, and thank you in advance.

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 5
What type of music do you listen to? Is there a particular sound signature you're looking for?

The best isolating iem you can get at the price is probably shure SE215. The shure line in general just isolate like crazy. Whether the sound is for you is a different story though.

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 5
I kinda listen to everything, alternative, dance, electronic, dubstep, drum and bass, rock, pop, rap. It's easier to say not country or classical. I would also use them to watch movies with if that helps. I'm kinda hopping to get something more earbud looking instead of the classic iem/ shure look, but it doesn't matter that much. I'm just trying to find something with good isolation and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back