isolated Grados?
Jun 22, 2008 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GreatBug

Head-Fier
I just got my first 'real' headphones on Friday - Grado SR60 upgrading from Bose Tri-ports (I know, I know).

They haven't yet left my head, its like they are making love to my brain. I've got a Predator on the way, and I can't imagine how the sound could get better. I keep looking around because I think I'm hearing things in the house, when its actually something in my music that I'd never heard before. All this for $65? I know what my family is getting for Xmas this year!

But anyway, It saddens me that I can't use them at work due to the sound leakage and dense cube-farm office layout. Is there a headphone that sounds like the SR60, is cheap, and wont anger my co-workers?

Thanks!

Jun 22, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 4
I don't need to tell you what imagery your analogy elicited.

I have some advice, though. With that amp, you should mate it with some more expensive headphones that would scale better. There are some HFI-780s on sale in the FS forum for $165... maybe they're still available. I'm not really experienced with inexpensive headphones (other than the SR60), so I can't really make a firm recommendation.

Jun 22, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't think you will find cheap closed phones that can mach the airiness or the resolution of your grado's. That being said the most recommended sub 100 closed phone lately is the Equation Audio rp21. You can find them in the F.S forum for under 70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back