IsoAcoustics Stands vs foam pads
Jul 8, 2023 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LeonidK

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I'm using generic $10 foam pads for my LS50 Meta standing on a desk. With busy and loud passages I can feel a lot of vibrations transferred to my desk, even though speakers combined weigh 15kg and Hegel H200 alone is 20kg. Is it worth to upgrade to Isoacoustics Stands 130? Do you think they would have significantly higher damping factor?

Sep 23, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 3
I've got the Isoacoustics and I think they work well. They are very sturdy and well built but I can still feel some vibrations through my desk at higher volumes. I never tried the foam pads because I don't like the look of them. Anyway I don't know if they "damp" the vibrations more than foam pads, they are pretty rigid and there is not a lot of movement in the rubber suspension, less than with foam pads I imagine. I think instead of damping the vibrations they tune the vibrations if that makes sense, anyway I'm happy with them.

Maybe you could try something like Dynamat under your desk to remove any of the remaining vibrations ?

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 3
Maybe check what Thomann has. I bought some of their house-brand pads and used them under Yamahas and now KRKs and never felt any vibration. But, I'm not listening at headbanger levels.

The pads I have are two pieces of foam each and to be honest they're light and feel like crap. But maybe this is why they work well where thicker, better quality foam would have transmitted more vibrations. These are nice because the two pieces can be arranged so your speakers sit level or on a ramp, according to your taste.

I bought these like 5 years ago and never thought about replacing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back